1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Post Weight Loss - Lessons Learned and Staying on Course

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by justanothergirl, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Aabha82

Aabha82 New IL'ite

Keeping fit is a lot tougher that we think it is. Building a key habit to follow a strict routine is mandatory in the process

2. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

This is a 'no knead' bread. It is prepped by an initial mixing, followed by a series of timed 'folds', then shaping and proofing. The bread isn't flattened after the rise. I follow the recipes in this book - Flour Water Salt Yeast: The Fundamentals of Artisan Bread and Pizza: Ken Forkish

I baked the bread in a dutch oven at 475 F. 30 minutes with the lid on and another 20 minutes with the lid off.

Yes, not scoring the top was intentional. The folding process creates natural seams that open up during the baking. Looks quite lovely!

Nonya likes this.
  3. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

http://cf.chezcateylou.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Almond-flour-bread-8.jpg

I used to have a Almond cookbook. Can't locate it now. I saw some older posts on almond flour, and what to do with it. Instead of making sugary things with it, one may make breads with it. I found that the flour at 20 to 30% makes the bread's texture much finer (holes are smaller) and it has that nice nutty (malted milk kind of, horlicksy) flavor.

4. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Hey Satchi..didnt want to hijack @Shanvy 's thread with too many details about calories and such. :)
    I would like a bit more details(ok ok lot more)

For eg.
    Morning: Coffee
    Milk (full fat?fat free? measure in ml)
    Sugar (1tsp ,2 ???)
    Toast with salad and air fried cutlet in the morning.
    How many slices? White brown? did it have butter on it if so how much?
    cutlet...store bough? Do u have calorie content marked? homemade?
    salad...what veggies how much and did u use any dressing?
    Can u list ingredients appr that went into it..1/5 potato,1/10 carrot 1tsp oil,etc etc
    Tea 1/2 glass
    Same as coffee..what went into making that tea ?
    1/2 glass neer mor

Afternoon: Tender coconut meat
    Was it just the meat or did u have the water too? Coconut water has calories and sugar
    1 elakki banana
    1/2 glass tea

Same as coffee..what went into making that tea ?

Late afternoon: 1 katori of sambar rice (brown rice)
    Can u measure using a std measures? For how much dry rice to make that 1 katori.
    The reason I am asking is people have varying rice to water ratios.
    1/2 glass coffee -What went into making that tea?

Dinner..what did u have for dinner?

5. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi JAG,

Laks09 likes this.
  6. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi.ur post just confirmed my suspicions.
    For ur age ht and weight..with zero exercise factored in u need 1700 cal per day.
    Here is ur calorie intake for the day (used my fitnesspal) it comes to about 1000. Its ridiculously low. Even if I add an extra 300 cal for error in measurements its still way less than ur needs.
    At this rate u should be losing a lot of weight. Something is not right.
    Please check with ur doc ASAP.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
    satchitananda likes this.
  7. satchitananda

Thanks a lot JAG. Shall check out with a doc.

justanothergirl likes this.
  8. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

You have immense patience. I'll never be able to make bread at home but here is some home made dahi cultured butter for your bread. I wouldn't have gone to this trouble either but the kid will only eat Ammamma's ghee and I figured out that the difference was in the thayir cultured butter.

IMG_2052.JPG

9. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Some recent finds that might be useful for those watching their weight -

1. Halo Top Ice cream -- between 240 and 280 calories for a whole pint, and 2 dozen flavors! I've been told Costco is carrying these in four-packs. A bowl of ice cream for fewer than 120 cals. I haven't tried it yet but I've heard good things about it. I think Breyers just came out with their low-cal ice cream line. I wanted to try it but it was all sold out at my local Safeway.

2. Nuts 'N More High protein hazelnut spread -- Great substitute for Nutella addicts like myself. Not loaded with sugar, high in protein, and no palm oil, which was the reason I gave up Nutella. The original Nutella is almost entirely sugar and palm oil. Orangutans are an endangered species, and palm farming is a grave threat to their survival. Old growth rain forests are being cleared out for palm oil plantations. Please read labels and don't buy products that contain palm oil. Sorry for the impromptu PSA but it makes me sad that our mindless consumption will be the end of those adorable creatures.

3. PB2 Powdered peanut butter -- Low calorie peanut butter powder. Not a substitute. It is made with real powdered peanuts with most of the fat removed. I like adding it to smoothies, protein shakes or rehydrating with a bit of water and spreading it on toast. PB2+cocoa powder + greek yogurt make a tasty low cal dessert. I add fruits and a drizzle of honey when I'm craving sweets.

If you have discovered any low cal, high protein foods, or substitutes for everyday favorites, do share!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    Rihana and justanothergirl like this.
  10. satchitananda

For those who eat eggs, eating 1-2 in the morning is a good tip. High protein, low calories and high satiety, which means one tends to eat less for the rest of the day, helping to keep weight in check.

Gauri03 and justanothergirl like this.