1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Valentine Yaar

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

What Valentine Yaar

Today is Valentine Day. God knows when this day came to india. Today I am old and grey. There was a time when I was young and gay, in college, in the early seventies, and I never heard of this day.Celebrations those days was taking the chick(that’s what a girlfriend was called those days) on a motorcycle with no silencer, the rajdoot one, the ones that milkmen use in Jaipur to bring every morning.And taking her for the morning matinee, making her see the black and white movies while bunking classes, splurging on the babe for a little romantic time in the darks of the dingy theaters.

So it was year long dating and spending on chicks. But these days, with shortage of money, I think guys restrict it to just the Valentine day.And what do they give each other, just a Red Rose, which costs 50 bucks this day, otherwise goes abegging for 5 bucks.

And in Spain, I read that on this day guys gift their girlfriends, red undies, which signify love. This is the only day Red undies are sold. In South America in Chile, they believe these undies should be worn inside out, to bring extra love. HAHA.

And a few years back came yellow underwears, which competed with the red ones.Yellow signifies Money, and surprise , surprise, yellow outsold the red. You see money is very important, more than love I think. Better a less good looking guy, but loaded, than a handsome hunk but a broke chap . Smart girls these Spanish.

I was born old. You have seen Ashok Kumar , or AK Hangal, in the fifties till the eighties they looked the same, that is old. Well same is the case with me. When young I was not aware of Valentines day, so much so, that my second daughter was born on Valentines day, and we were not aware of this acheivement of ours eh ! Much later we came to know. And the elder daughter was born the day infosys was born , and the stingy Murthy has prospered so much, but has not even given a measly 1 share to my daughter, for bringing him luck.Now wonder he is now grappling with a khota Sikka !!!!

I have never given even a single rose to my wife on V day, nor has she. In that sense we are very unromantic. Today she was not well, fever and the works, took her to the doc. See what age does to u eh ! its just that we care for each other, we have completed almost 4 decades together, and these days these V day couples cant seem to be 4 months together.Many couples are celebrating this day as BREAKUP DAY. So they tie up with other couples who have broken up , and go out to restaurants to have a blast with the girlfriend last.

But Girlfriends can get u in trouble too. She can complain that u promised to marry her and u did this and that in the meanwhille, and soon u are behind bars. Arre Yaar, u cant be marrying every girl u date, can u ? During the Nanavati Murder case of the sixties, When Nanawati found out that his close friend loves his wife , he went to him, and told him, u love my wife, fien, marry her, and I will divorce her happily. I want her to be happy.

K. M. Nanavati v. State of Maharashtra - Wikipedia

The guy, prem Ahuja, replied, do u think I will marry every woman I sleep with . Get lost.Nanawati cooly shot him dead, and went and surrendered to the police. This was the first case of Ram Jethmalani which made him famous.

Guys too are the same these days, they just want to date, and keep changing the girls. But with the law favoring the girls, guys are in trouble . one complaint and u are hauled behind bars, irrespective of whether the whole thing was mutual, and both are consenting adults.

So guys be care ful with the red roses, I end with a bit of poetry, u see the ghost of Shakesphere has come in me for a few minutes, so before the bugger runs away

Just because the rose u gave was Red,]

Don’t think u will land up with her in Bed,

Your efforts can fail,

And u will spend many nights in Jail.

HAHA

KAMAL MAHTANI

Draupadi had 5 husbands. Yet the only man who stood by her in her crisis was Krishna.

Moral of the story –

Whether u have one husband or Five,

Ladies u still need a boyfriend !!!!!

Happy Valentine’s Day

A man appeared in an interview

The interviewer " What is your strength?"

The man " My wife "

The interviewer " What is your weakness?"

The man ". Others' wives"

Valentine special....

Boy: "I love you"

Girl: "Are you mad? I'm married. I have a husband. I have a boyfriend in my office and my ex boyfriend is still my neighbor. My boss proposed to me yesterday and I can't say NO to him. And I have one serious extra marital affair..."

Boy (after a long pause): "Dekh le kahin adjust hota ho to."

Husband : What do u want for valentine day ?

Wife: Give me one ring thats enough.

Husband: From landline or mobile?

Marybeth9311, umaakumar, T800 and 5 others like this.

2. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,
    So, according to you every women should have a boy friend other than husband. She can complain to him about husband. Would she leave the husband? No!!!!! Even if he does not gift her on Valentine's day Diamonds or chocolates or roses! He and she are there for each other always though happy and unhappy moments. She wants him for ever. But boy friend she can leave.
    Jokes are hilarious......laughed and laughed.
    Hope you and Harshaji had a good day yesterday. Did you gift her roses , each costing 50 Rs?
    Syamala

PushpavalliSrinivasan likes this.
  3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sy,
    thanks for the first comment .Good question about husband and boyfriend !!!
    No roses, just took her to the doc, she is better today. We are too old for all these things, sy.
    Hope u celebrated and had a good time.
    Regards
    kamal

4. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji,
    When I saw an adolescent school boy proposing to a school girl on the road, with a single rose stem, unmindful of the public, I realised what havoc Valentine's Day has created in the minds of children. 46 years of our marriage, never once have we celebrated Valentine's Day - marriage still going strong. So what's the hype of all about a western celebration?
    Agatha83

Kamalji likes this.
  5. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mr Kamalji,
    Ours is an arranged marriage. Yet as we both belonged to the same city some people surmised it was love marriage. For about a year we stayed at opposite houses and I was just 11 yrs old.
    Even after marriage my hubby never used to buy flowers for me. We don't celebrate wedding anniversary also. In the month of June we will be completing 57 years of married life.
    PS

suryakala likes this.
  6. twinklingstar

twinklingstar Gold IL'ite

seriously... though i m not that old but still i dont feel like celebrating such stupid days..my friends started preparing for valentine a week in advance..
    i feel these are really nonsense things and diverting and distracting our youth minds in all this rubbish stuff. to love someone and wait full year to express it on special day is full stupidity.
    all this western culture have spoiled mind and wasted so much of energy in all this. leave apart young one i find shocking and funny when very old people just for sake of being in competiion and show the modernity inthme celebrate such things,..i m sorry but was searching something to vent my feeling and pour out everthing right after 14th. all such news and so much attending for these things are really not that worthy.
    all FB was poured with pics and all and no praises or much awarness about ISRO...

7. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

"i was young and GAY"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! iS THE LAST WORD A CONFESSION kAMALJI.? aS FOR BEING BORN OLD YOU MISSED NAZIR HUSSEIN. LOT OF GUYS WERE BORN WITH SILVER SPOON BUT THIS GUY WAS BORN WITH GRAY HAIRS AND CAME TO THE WORLD PROBABLY SAYING "BETA PEHLE NASHTHA TO KARLO INSTEAD OF WAILING LIKE A NORMAL BABY.

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Agatha,
    Yes valentine by these youngsters is based on looks. Both the boy and girl are living off their parents, living in fools paradise.
    Wow another 4 years to for yr golden.Congrats. My friends now they say they dont know if they will be alive by then, are clebrating 35tj, 40th, 45th , and so on.
    Even i dont understand waht is the hype. at this stage of our marriages, i think it is moer about care for each other than roses.What say ?
    Regards
    kamal

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pushpaji,
    So it was a child marriage, not legal these days, but fine in those days. same with my grandma and others.
    super to hear that pushpaji, 57years wow. Wonderful. wishing u both many many more such happy years.
    Regards
    kamal

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear TS,
    Welcome after a long time.
    Yes why wait for a year, love every day. u are right to vent yr feelings here, i too do the same here, for i too canoot understand what is happening. So many events being held in hotels how much money spent, on expensive gifts and holidays, true.
    isro really i too was not aware of what was cookingm, but when i read it, it was super, a feat otherwise, also.
    HAts off to our scientiests, specially the ladies in that group, prove that women are no less intelligent than men.
    God bless them,
    Regards
    kamal

twinklingstar likes this.