Need feedback abt bank teller jobs

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by happywoman, Aug 16, 2008.

1. happywoman

happywoman Silver IL'ite

Hi friends,

Can anyone tell me the personal experiences of working as a bank teller part time. Im trying to look for one.Pls share your experiences abt the same.How much is the hourly payment and how are the job responsibilities.

Waiting for a response,
    vani

2. Lakshmivinoth

Lakshmivinoth Senior IL'ite

Hello Vani

I live in Dubai and hence not aware about the part time jobs in US. Banks in UAE, very rarely recruit tellers on a part time basis because of the job role. But it might be a different case in US/Canada. But I can give you the following inputs about the teller job from my side:

TELLER's role is very challenging and crucial as he has to deal with cash (in the form of various foreign currencies) at any given point of time. He is completely responsible for daily opening and closing of accounts without any discrepancy. Some of the Job responsibilities would be -

Managing all cash and cheque transactions and dealing with Branch ATMs Machines and Cash Counter’s Machines etc.[/font] Performing and adhering customer service standards in daily basis.
    Data entry for Cash, Cheques, Deposits, and Remittances
    Strictly adhering to audit rules regarding cash handling procedures
    Preparing daily Audit report for the Cash
    Auditing vouchers for matching daily transaction entries
    Back office assistance
    Finalizing customer’s requirements as soon as possible
    Performing Clearing Dept. activities
    Checking all daily transactions reports with the vouchers

Wish you all the very best and my you get the deserving job!

Regards

Lakshmi

Last edited: Aug 21, 2008
  3. kailashwathi

kailashwathi New IL'ite

Hi happy woman:

Yes bank teller's job is challenging. I used to work part time as one but later quit becos of husband's job move and also that the job had to deal with REAL PEOPLE'S REAL MONEY. No no no I am not scaring you but you see its a job where you really have to be alert while dealing with cash and sometimes I would freak out when the closing account didnt tally or whatever. Finally, it would be that I counted something twice or missed something somewhere. It definately is a job for people with cool and calm head and someone whose brain doesnt shut functioning seeing numbers.

When hubby told we had to move since his job was transfered that came as a blessing to me and I thanked God. Anyway I wouldnt continue for long ....I knew that.

You can go ahead give it a try. Everyone is different .
    Salary would be basic one around $10 or $12 an hour which would go up with expereince. ....and hey go to work very cool and forget everything else while counting MONEY

Good luck:thumbsup
    Bye
    Kailashwathi