First Pregnancy- Baby First Kicks

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Sansa, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Sansa

Sansa Silver IL'ite

Hi all,
    This is my first pregnancy and I'm 16w 3 days and I guess I can say I'm in my 17 Th week and eagerly waiting to feel the baby's kicks.
    Question is when do you start feeling baby's movements and how would that be? Any description from the moms who have crossed this stage?

KashmirFlower likes this.

2. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Congrats !
    I think you need to wait more to sense your baby's kick. I couldn't understand it till 5-6 months into my first pregnancy. You will know very well the meaning of baby's kick by 28 weeks :)
    But I could sense it earlier during my second one. It was like a bubble hitting my stomach wall from inside or you can say like the waves hitting the pond wall when we threw a stone into a water. It was so feeble. May be due to the small size of baby in large liquid medium. But it became prominent later. I still remember one thing. My first one used to kick me more during evening. When I/dh call him by some name or make some sounds I used get it more. We really enjoyed that stage. So enjoy each moment. We will not be able to remember most of it again. I think I went for second one, mainly because to experience it again. It was really worth it. So enjoy each stage. Take care of your health.

sindmani, ashima10 and Sansa like this.
  3. Sansa

Sansa Silver IL'ite

That is a beautiful description And reading this brought me a smile and increased my curiosity Hope I start feeling it soon

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  4. nivedaya

nivedaya Senior IL'ite

Hi...
    First time mothers usually are supposed to feel the kicks a little later than multigravid moms...that is, between 18 to 22 weeks on an average.It firsts starts to feel like bubbles,slight tapping sensation from the inside...proceeding to twitches, and when you cross 22 weeks, you can appreciate the real kicks...then later twisting sensation adds up...and around 25 weeks and more, you can appreciate a variety of movements...mine started around 19 weeks and now at 30 weeks, i can feel kicks,twists,individual limbs poking me back if i give a nudge,response to loud noise and sometimes baby brushes my tummy with his limb on the inside which really gives me tickles... and oh! I even felt a hiccup yesternight...which was like a rhythmic pulsation. Loving pregnancy!every second of it !

v.kiruthikka, Sansa and Nonya like this.
  5. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

@nivedaya I liked your description of the 19-30 babay movements. Happy and humorous. I have heard overdue mothers saying that the baby had finally given up, and decided to settle down, move the furniture to where she wants it, and even start to put some nails on the walls to hang pictures. That is when moms have to get to the hospital, and them out of there.
    Happy thread. Happy and safe journey to Sansa.

Sansa and nivedaya like this.
  6. Sansa

Sansa Silver IL'ite

Oh my! You explained everything and exactly the way I wanted to hear :grimacing: I completed 18 weeks and I've started feeling the bubble sensations occasionally. Any idea when can my husband start feeling the kicks outside?

7. Sansa

Sansa Silver IL'ite

Thanks Nonya :blush:

8. nivedaya

nivedaya Senior IL'ite

Each pregnancy and each baby is unique..so there is usually mild variations with each. Your hubby can probably feel it around 20 to 24 weeks if your baby decides to gear up his kicks by then.Mine started feeling it around 20..21 weeks.Now at 30 weeks, we can visibly see my belly moving left and right when my lil one somersaults.My husband taps at my lil one and he/she taps back from the inside.. :D

v.kiruthikka, Sansa and Nonya like this.
  9. Nivilovely

Nivilovely Junior IL'ite