1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone here has Attention Deficit Disorder?(ADD/ADHD )

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by itsjustme, Oct 4, 2012.

1. shruthisp

shruthisp Gold IL'ite

i havent gone through all the posts, But just wanted to bring out which has helped me alot.
    Concentrating on the moment. If some or the other thought process is continously running on the mind we tend to loose the grip of wats needs to be done at the moment. So onething at a time. Multitasking might not help initially.
    Doing samething regularly and practising regularly till it becomes a subconcious process. I used to loose my bicycle keys during school days what my parents did was they made me to lock the cycle take out the key put it in my school bag front pouch many times fewdays and i juz practised it very regularly conciously.. suddenly i realised tat i was no longer loosing keys and whenever i check it used to be there in the same pouch every single time. Practise is wat it takes i guess first conciously later its taken care by itself..
    Hope my 2 cents helps...

1 person likes this.
  2. itsjustme

itsjustme Silver IL'ite

Thank you so much dear!!!

Yes, what you said is very very correct!
    Practice is the best way!
    Sometimes, my inability to multitask is often perceived as social awkwardness, but that is what I have to do to avoid greater faux pas and potential dangers. Some of the things that I do, I have often realized that this could have endangered safety, my own and others' around me.

I will keep updating regularly about my progress and mistakes. You can appreciate the progress, however silly it might be and have a good laugh at my blunders :bonk :bonk

3. itsjustme

itsjustme Silver IL'ite

Hi, coursera.org has a course on ADHD now

4. pranavi

pranavi New IL'ite

Hi please respond if you by any chance see this message
    As am a 32 yr old women with exact same symptoms

5. pranavi

pranavi New IL'ite

You dont know how much relieved i am after seeing your message ,, i mean after seeing a fellow add
    Women
    Can we be in touch
    I get depressed easily and terrible mood swings
    All my friends think am very moody and only talk to them if am in a good mood otherwise i dont get in touch but wjat they dont know is the other days am suffering from my mental problems which i dont feel like doing anything even to eat or cook