1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Transparency In Married Life.

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by quincyagain, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

These kinds of apps creep the hell out of me. I would say no if my husband wanted one one me.

2. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Before the advent of google maps app on smart phone, I have been lost so many times. I have terrible sense of direction. I've had to call my DH to get to where I wanted to, despite printed directions. When my DH asks for my current location I would say things like "I don't know. That's why I called you. If I knew, would I call? I see a Walmart and a gas station." Now, on rare occasions that I can't find a store and can't find it despite google saying go left and then make an immediate left and then a left, I call my DH, he looks at find my iPhone and tells me "Sweetie pie, make a u-turn and then on your right there is Walmart and right next to it is this place".
    He also uses the iPhone find thing to check on me when I'm out running alone and haven't come home on time.

3. songbird46

songbird46 Gold IL'ite

@Laks09
    "Before the advent of google maps app on smart phone, I have been lost so many times. I have terrible sense of direction. I've had to call my DH to get to where I wanted to, despite printed directions. When my DH asks for my current location I would say things like "I don't know. That's why I called you. If I knew, would I call? I see a Walmart and a gas station." Now, on rare occasions that I can't find a store and can't find it despite google saying go left and then make an immediate left and then a left, I call my DH, he looks at find my iPhone and tells me "Sweetie pie, make a u-turn and then on your right there is Walmart and right next to it is this place".
    He also uses the iPhone find thing to check on me when I'm out running alone and haven't come home on time."

So sweet. Maybe I'll do this as I too get lost outside since I don't drive anymore. DH's first question to me is always, "Where are you?" though he knows I rarely leave home, and tell him every tiny detail, before & after. I usually mention some odd place!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    Laks09 and blissofmylife like this.
  4. songbird46

songbird46 Gold IL'ite

OP, this is exactly what I wanted to say to you & you said it yourself.
    After 18 years of marriage it shouldn't matter. But he may just not like the idea.

So tell him what you've told us.
    ¶He's a parent too, you need back-up
    ¶you're too busy to check up on him
    ¶You have no issues of trust with him

And put it lightly, we are getting older & busier, forgetful, this helps. He may accept it in that spirit.

I don't know if any specific numbers can be blocked. Then you can generously offer to have your number blocked. Tease him into it, maybe?
    All the best, please let us know how if & how you worked it out:rolleyes::D

5. arpha

arpha New IL'ite

I dont think there is any point in bringing in these apps into the married life. My husband goes out during office hours sometimes to meet his friends and cousins. Most of the times he doesnt tell me... because I am in no need of that info. Yes initially I used to feel bad but now I dont care because that wouldnt affect our life anyways.

6. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

I wouldn't install such an app on my phone or my DH's phone. I see it more as giving each other space. Most of our conversations happen through chats since we don't want to disturb other while they are in meeting. If it's urgent, then I call him. If he doesn't pick the phone then after 3 rings I cut the phone. That's the clue for him that it is urgent and then he excuses himself from work and calls me.

On trust, both of our phones have passwords and we both know each other's passwords (its our respective birth dates), yet we never peek into other's phone.

7. blissofmylife

blissofmylife Silver IL'ite

I don find anything wrong with requesting to install the app.. all of us in the family, use this to track each other locations.. Instead of calling to ask, whether the other person has started from office or has reached the house, i think it is easy to use.. I use it all the time.. to readily open the door for my hubby in winter or keep hot snacks ready..

KashmirFlower and yellowmango like this.
  8. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

:grinning::grinning::grinning:I thought, it was only me looking for "misplaced stores". :fearscream::fearscream::fearscream::fearscream:

Laks09, jskls, JustAnotherMom and 4 others like this.
  9. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Or advertisement boards like me....:oops:yahan par to ek board tha shayad....

poovai, Laks09, jskls and 1 other person like this.
  10. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Now that makes me feel waaaay better. Since I had another "incident" after posting this :)

poovai likes this.