1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Insensitive Husband

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Cuteprincess, Dec 19, 2016.

1. IndependentGirI

IndependentGirI New IL'ite

I understand your pain perfectly. You are not zero level self confidence material. When our life bends to the downhill, our thought will be changed. Here, you are facing the same. Everybody's life is different, but I can perfectly say if he is not respecting your opinion, it is not going to work. I understand you have a kid, but you don't needs to be go on or adjust in life without getting respect you deserve.
    I would say think and check whether you can divorce him. As you have a kid already and you are living there it won't be a problem as you will get alimony and child support from him.
    Life is short, move on and take your kid with you.

2. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

CP,
    Many of Desi husbands, do not get anything for their wifes. This are the husbands who do not care, respect or love their wife.
    At some level, you can say they love their wife because they are always with her, but not in a evolved way. But it is okay, as long as you you are okay.
    Many Desi husbands throw Birthday parties for their wifes, show their love openly, it is a different kind of marriage, more of new age marriage. Most Desi marriages are llike yours. This kind of husbands will hold the door for stranger women, and can't say one nice word their own wife. This is how they are made, they take you for granted. It is hard to change. If you settle in India, you will feel better.

priyanka12345 likes this.
  3. YoGirl

YoGirl Gold IL'ite

Op,
    For how long have u been getting medical attention n how many more sessions to go? Who is spending money for all the medical expenses of u n ur son? Or wat part of ur H salary goes for medical expenses?

These hospital visits will drain the energy and motivation. Could it b the case that ur H is saving his salary for medical expenses. And when u r sick OP, please dont overdo things. Dont drop kid to school or for that matter dont do any household work. Keep ready to cook food handy and just heat it.

U try to find ur happiness with ur friends. Ask ur H for fixed pocket money every month. (Generally from a husbands point of view, he may b feeling that he is already spending money for ur health issues n hence might expect u to b a little reserved with unnecessarily spending money). But they dont understand the happiness that v get from small gifts. So be stern, get some pocket money n gift urself something every once in a while n u r working like a robot doing household and outside stuff. U deserve some ME time.

4. Cuteprincess

Cuteprincess Silver IL'ite

Thank you independantgirl,hermitcrab and yogirl for.your response. Sorry for replying late.
    Yogirl, my husband doesn't spend anything for our medical expenses from his pocket. It's covered in the insurance.

I don't want to go for divorce because of my kid. He is quite attached to his father.

Vaikuntha likes this.
  5. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

Cuteprincess,

If ever you feel like a zero confident person, and can't think of anything, because you just can't think...put your faith and fate in higher power, tell that higher power your sorrows and worries and aspirations, and draw strength from this supreme power and slowly build your way up of this abyss- bottomless pit.

KashmirFlower likes this.