1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Theatre Of The Absurd??

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

It is real sad Kamalji, not only because it is odd to see machines winking at us but in a country with high unemployment, focus should be mor
    IT is really a sad state of affairs Kamalji, not only because PYTs are missing but because it is stupid to have machines replace people in a country with high unemployment.

2. shobhamma

shobhamma Gold IL'ite

This also begets transparency!

3. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Transparency at what cost Shobhamma. Unemployment? A country like India needs to be labor intensive.

4. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

These automation and smart gadgets may be a boon to youngsters. We oldies feel they are quite complicated. We love our easily operatable phones and simple gadgets.
    PS

5. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

My sentiments exactly. Keeping things like token dispensers at metro stations where people have to read the instructions is ridiculous. Lot of people may be illiterates or may not know the language in which the directions come. Like in the metro station where I found them, they were in Hindi!. Before such gadgets are introduced we must focus on ensuring 100%literacy. The other day I saw on TV some tea workers in Assam saying the cards were of no use to them as they cannot read to use an ATM.