1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

Hi all,
    I'm back after quite a long gap. IL is blocked in my office all of a sudden so can see IL only when I return back to home N complete dinner tasks as well as my Kiddo's! So from now on it's going to be very less time spent in IL will miss badly ...

Today was a very productive day in terms of workout as well as cooking N cleaning!!!!
    Wanna write more but will continue tomorrow...

PS: any tips/ tricks to make IL work in my office system???

2. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

Seems so many in Christmas holidays.

Busy from few days. Now also posting while having lunch
    Ravva dosa and chutney. Today annual day function for papa. Readied and sent her with costumes and accessories
    Prepared drumstick leaves fry only for lunch
    Made groundnut spice powder, chutney dal powder, coconut powder.. have to make rasam powder, but my energy was over for the day
    Have to get ready for evening.... ufff that's it

kkrish, mahesaran and coffeecups like this.
  3. happymom2013

happymom2013 Silver IL'ite

today was a busy day in the morning . Woke up at 7 . Put the grinder for idly batter. Made poori subji for breakfast. Radish sambar, mixed veg masala for lunch. All these took until 10. then had breakfast, folded clothes . had some free time until 2.00.Read some weekly magazines. Then hus came for lunch. feeded for ds. had my lunch. then maid came for work. now free time for IL.

kkrish, mahesaran and coffeecups like this.
  4. chillbreeze

chillbreeze Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Yesterday woke by 8.
    Did physio exercises
    Made khichdi for breakfast, rice with thattapayir brinjal kuzhambu and rasam for lunch.
    Evening cleaned dishes, made potato curry and readymade rotis for dinner.

Today, made millet roti for breakfast and yesterday's left overs for lunch. Not much cooking.

kkrish likes this.
  5. mahesaran

mahesaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi all,
    I hope all are in vacation mode....
    My ds's Vacation is starting from today...

I am busy from monday had some outside work...

Monday
    After cooking, went out for 3 hr , came back for lunch prepared masala bhel and beetroot halwa again went out to help my friend for 1 hr.

Tuesday
    Inspite of some outside work, stayed at home becoz of severe body pain. Prepared simple cooking as idli and tomato chutney for brkfst and mushroom pulao for lunch.i Was alright by evening and went for a walk...Managed dinner with leftovers

Wednesday
    Preoared puri, aloo ,masala dosa with coconut chutney forbrkfast, mushroom capsicum rolls for lunch, went out by walk for outside work
    Bought even snks from outside, while ds was playing, i finished my walk. For dinner had dosa and chutney

Thursday
    Eventhough holiday , woke up by 5:30, prepared mini idli with veg sambhar..made way to maid ith the house went to ds school for ptm, had planned for outside lunch but bought some wheat bread, wheat pav, wheat mini pizza base from outside.. changed my mind (thier also:laughing:)
    prepared pizza at home lunch,took rest, for even snk prepared sweetcorn-pomegranate chat with filter coffee. . As hubby went out for dinner, we both had sambhar with dosa (ds), chapathi (me), with cucumber raita....
    Finished one novel after dinner,planning to cut beans for tomorrow's cooking

Gn gals....

kkrish, Madhumagie and coffeecups like this.
  6. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

Yesterday I completed 10,000 steps that too the calculation was not for whole day, if so it must have been more than 10,000!!!!

Today prepared kuzhi paniyaram for bf, with tomato onion liquid chutney, small onion ßambhar N vendekkai curry for lunch and dinner had from outside...

Have started following @kkrish ideas and prepared a meal plan for this week and till today following!!

Tomorrow is team dinner so I don't have to worry for dinner plan!!

This week fully I'm achieving a clean kitchen N clean house target before hitting the bed!!!! Feeling happy and satisfied by myself!!

kkrish and Madhumagie like this.
  7. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Thanks @BDivya
    I hope you are finding it useful.

8. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Thank you @chillbreeze
    Take care of your health.

9. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Good morning all
    Nothing to report.

I am very happy since yesterday at the advent of "utharaayanam"...sun's travel to the North.
    The days will get longer.

Just busy cooking. Today is 1/2 day work for me. Then whole of next week I am on leave.

Yesterday:
    • I cleaned my handbag.
      • Dumped everything on the table.
      • removed all the squished receipts
      • put them through the shredder.
      • Rearranged the contents in the several pouches.
    • Checked 2017 calendar for Hindu festival dates and plugged them in my cell phone, desktop, and work computer calendars.
    • Wrote down some resolutions :) ... I do this every year; somehow it makes me happy though I know this is what they are:
    images.jpg
    picture courtesy : pinterest.com

Have a happy day.

10. coolgal123

coolgal123 Platinum IL'ite

This thread i so inspiring...i will also post my routine here...it may give me motivation to do more in organized way...
    I have 2 daughters, one is 8 years old and other is 2 years old....now Christmas holidays are going on so We all are in holidays lazy mood....
    Thursday routine:
    i got up at 8:00 am (holiday lazy mood :oops:)....prepared morning tea for me and DH and milk for daughters....had tea with my DH, by then my daughters got up, gave them milk....
    after that prepared zeera aalo and poori for brunch, semolina kheer for dd2....and palak paneer, stuffed bhindi(okra) for dinner,soaked rice....after having brunch, filled the tub and send both of my daughters for bath....folded and ironed 2 batches of clothes...prepared fruit smoothie for dd2....loaded one batch of clothes in washing machine...
    chopped beans and kept in fridge for next day....
    tried to relax for sometime with a book....
    in the evening prepared tea for us and milk for dds, ate some left over poori sabji with tea....after that we all went for outing at 4:00 pm, returned from there at 9:00 pm...dd2 already asleep...heated palak paneer, cooked rice, made chapati(roti) and salad.....we had dinner....after that i went with my dd1 as she was unable to sleep, i read my book in her bed...while my DH kept the left over in fridge ....
    i left the dishes for tomorrow morning as feeling tired...
    EOD...

kkrish, Madhumagie and coffeecups like this.