1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Life Lessons To Defuse The Critical Situations

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by athma, Dec 17, 2016.

1. athma

athma Senior IL'ite

Hello Ladies,
    It is universal truth that basics of life is "Getup - Survive - Go to Bed".
    We get anxiety and stress only when we do not know how to survive that critical circumstances when conflict occurs.
    Please write up your Life Lesson or Advice to defuse any critical situation. That might be encountered by you/ur friends/family members at family and work .

anika987 likes this.

2. athma

athma Senior IL'ite

Let me start the thread activity

One of my biggest life lesson is try to be calm in any hectic situation.
    I learnt that when i blasted out at my ex-office due to their partial behaviour and became victim of their power politics. Though i joined in another company, it took a year to prove myself again. I could have stayed calm coz politics is everywhere even in new office. We need to tackle that without loosing our peace.

3. athma

athma Senior IL'ite

@coolgal123 Hello mam , am reading all your valuable matured answers. Could you please share any of your advice/ life lessons on this thread?

coolgal123 likes this.
  4. coolgal123

coolgal123 Platinum IL'ite

Hello athma, Please dont call me mam, i am still in my middle thirties and not so old yet...;).....
    Life is still teaching me many lessons....i still learn a lesson and rub the old learnings :flushed:.....

You yourself told the most important things about critical conflict situation that is to keep calm.....another thing i want to add is, we should focus on what really is important, conflict should not be about our ego and pride....we should ask a question, whether it is really important for us or we are engaging in a conflict just because our ego is hurt....

Mehana, sindmani, athma and 3 others like this.
  5. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

Keep things in perspective, always...a very broad statement.
    Means that- do not get sad about people who are not close,
    think long term and not short term
    think if you will get what you want from the situation or not

I don't like conflicts, I avoid it but when pushed to a certain extent, there is no other go.
    At work, if we raise our voice and openly show our dissatisfaction, then we have to go all the way to war and also win the war...if we do not win the war, we have to leave.

It is better that we do not openly take on conflict and work in the background, try to align with some people, even though no one is friend at work, if we are not the movers and shakers (which we are not, or else we wouldn't be here)
    we try to stay with some people and within that group also try to not give too much personal information.

6. Craziyrmom

Craziyrmom Silver IL'ite

My mantra is "This too Shall pass"...whatever be the situation I tell myself that I need to face this through and imagine myself being in a better position in six months or one year s time!
    That helps me to gain confidence or keep faith!

sindmani, yellowmango, athma and 2 others like this.
  7. athma

athma Senior IL'ite

Thx @coolgal123 (Oh i will call u coolgal itself :) ) , @hermitcrab , @Craziyrmom .
    Those are valuable
    1.Taking decisions based on rationale instead of Ego,
    2. To be with long term goal and not short term.(Especially align with Group and not sharing personal)
    3. This too shall pass.
    But these are getting difficult to APPLY in relationship goals. Is it not? I dono how to do that ..
    Aligning with group seems difficult as they used to gang up against anyone or top level management or starts bullying the person from the same group. (Hate bullying)

8. athma

athma Senior IL'ite

Also plz share some tricks for InLaws (DIL and SIL) speak nicely in front of third person and slowly tells DIL not fulfilling their expectation and nicely ask the stranger to advice DIL to not do these kind of faults anymore.
    Its seriously tough for me to handle coz i cant fight with 3rd person as well as Inlaws coz they are speaking nicely but creates friction between 3rd person and me.
    (How Political!!!)

9. athma

athma Senior IL'ite

My In laws are passive aggressive. They play smartly not even my H knows it (Hope so). But these people always used to keep my H with them ( we stay away from them in same city) and i used to be alone at home often.
    My SIL is already having Kid. Now she s pregnant again and stays with her mom, her H and Kid after her marriage. I feel very much irritated on this play and now if my SIL ask "I cant take care of my baby" , her mom ll use to babysit and says to my H "m not feeling well, come here". He goes.
    Not sure what H thinks about our future. Always he keeps me in wall, could not go this side or that side until he frees me from that. I need to wait for him.
    Not sure how to handle this Passive Aggressive in laws.

10. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Just smile and do your own thing if you feel you are right.

If you feel people are getting a wrong impression of you...just smile and say , really,there must be some misunderstanding .
    Don't ever vent to this third person because they are most likely to carry the message back.

If these people's opinion is important ...then smile and be pleasant to them .Over time they will start doubting the original complaint.

sindmani and EnlightenedSoul like this.