1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Does The Black Buck Stop Here?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, Nov 9, 2016.

1. sslkgpaa

sslkgpaa Gold IL'ite

Well its better than doing nothing but criticizing others who are working! We already have kejriwal for that. No more required in that department, sorry!

2. sslkgpaa

sslkgpaa Gold IL'ite

Do you know that banks (not just in India) have the right to deny you cash? You have right to issue checks, DDs, MO or any other form to use your whole money but providing cash is banks discretion.

And the bhakti comment was really funny. I just gave logical reasons why I think this was a good move. But when people find it tough to win an argument based on facts and logic this is how they turn it!

vrikshakadali and MNR like this.
  3. sslkgpaa

sslkgpaa Gold IL'ite

Well you need to understand something to not find it funny. My north indian friends used to laugh when I used to speak telugu with my sister, obviously they didnt understood the language, not because we were taking silly stuff. Hope you can relate both the sentences.

4. MNR

MNR Gold IL'ite

What stops them to use cheques, and other plastic currency.
    As a normal citizen, Whoever access to these should make use of them most possible, leaving the cash to people who genuinely need.

5. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

I am Calm only dear and Is there a rule now that everyone has to support every move of the govt even it is absurd?

Everyone who has even a single 500 and 1000 rs note is impacted.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  6. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

I have stayed ,worked and travelled in multiple countries and never had any bank refuse me money , yes some banks do have limit on huge withdrawals but not ration money . Rationing of money only happens in economically distressed countries like Greece recently but as far as I remember india was not distressed economy till nov 8th .

If bank can keep my money hostage and dictate terms in using different instruments , then better I keep it with me instead of putting in banks .

Good you enjoyed Bhakti comment

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  7. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

I understood it for exactly what it is and I stated that . No, both sentences don't relate as there is no similarity.

8. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

I may be travelling in India and don't have any working debit card now and it takes almost two weeks to get a reset or a new card. My cards may have expired , it takes a long process to get it active , My friend cannot pay by cheque for electricity as her cheque bounced years ago so electricity board will not accept a cheque.

I may have had a bad experience with plastic and simply am averse to using plastic. I may be vary of misuse of Cards.

My reasons could be many why force me. It is not illegal to pay by cash you know.

9. vrikshakadali

vrikshakadali Silver IL'ite

On a lighter note -

Reporter: Sir, a 23 year old boy died as he was run over by a train while walking on the railway track with headphones.*

*Editor : OK, good, report it as a case of suicide due to lack of money after* *Demonetisation*.

*Reporter: But Sir, there was money in his valet. They found over 10,000 rupees.*

*Editor : OK, in that case report it as suicide due to his inability to get change to eat food.*

*Reporter: But Sir, he had many 50 and 100 rupee notes in his valet.*

*Editor : Hmmm, then report that he was in ATM queue for 6 hours without food and lost consciousness on railway track.*

*Reporter: But Sir, this happened early in the morning. There are no ATMs near railway track.*

*Editor : Then you can say, he was pushed on the railway track by people who didn't have money after Demonetisation.*

*Reporter: No Sir, there was nobody anywhere near him when he died.*

*Editor: You're too stubborn. Why don't you report it as suicide because he lost all his savings due to Demonetisation ?*

*Reporter: But Sir, he is a 23 year old student. He's still in college doing his Masters.*

*Editor : Oh, in that case we can report it as a case of inability to pay fees due to Demonetisation.*

*Reporter: How's that possible Sir ? He had enough money with him...*

*Editor (Cutting him off): That you can say, was needed for his hostel and daily food.*

*Reporter: But Sir, he stays at home with family and his house is located close to the place where the accident occurred.*

*Editor : I don't know. Do what you want, but you MUST report it as a *Demonetisation Death*.

*Reporter: Sir, isn't that wrong and unethical ? There is absolutely no connection to his death and Demonetisation.*

*Editor : My media is sustained by this reporting. You must connect it. Else I won't have money to pay your salary.*

*The Reporter reported:*

*23 year old youth run over by a train while watching Modi's Demonetisation speech on his mobile !*