1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Madhumagie

Madhumagie Silver IL'ite

Hi can you please post the recipe of your banana muffins , my DH loves muffin and want to bake for her :)

2. Madhumagie

Madhumagie Silver IL'ite

:worship2: :grinning: true ma'am

3. Madhumagie

Madhumagie Silver IL'ite

sorry its my DD not DH :grinning:

4. chillbreeze

chillbreeze Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Wow Krish, your routine is so inspiring. I can't even imagine myself being there anytime soon. I want to visit both yours and JAGs home. Would love to taste her muffins and then go for shopping. Krish mam do you mind giving us some financial/savings tips too. If you are okay with that, I will post my doubts later.

Made some chicken curry for yesterday's dinner which is left over for today's lunch too. I too use the same kadai for tadka for different dishes. Also, if I am frying onions and tomatoes for chutney, I do the tadka first for chutney, transfer it to bowl and use the same kadai for sauteing onions/tomatoes/veggies. For me it was just to save one more vessel from washing.

Finally, its friday. I just want to get some nice sleep over the weekend.

kkrish likes this.
  5. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Thank you @chillbreeze .
    Yes, you sure will be an expert soon.

Regarding finance and money saving tips - friends, suggestions may be posted in the "Money Matters" section of Lifestyles forum. The link can be posted here.
    Right now I want to focus only on this topic just as I mentioned to another request for recipes. Sorry ma.

You are most welcome to my home - we'll go together to JAG's @justanothergirl home for yummy food and shopping. JAG's going to teach me how to spend one million dollars all on myself :)

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  6. Lakshmi6197

Lakshmi6197 Gold IL'ite

Dear K,
    Though i dont really post in this thread, i look forward to your posts. you are filled with so much positivity - really admire it. thankyou for being my sunshine :blush:

kkrish likes this.
  7. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Thursday...

The whole of Wednesday night my hubby was coughing and could not sleep. Sometime around 3 am he finally slept continuously and so did I. Just when I was drifting into the most delicious part of heavy sleep my alarm went off.

It was 4:15 am.
    I have an instrumental music class at 5 am every Thursday via Skype. Instructor from India.

Got up sleepy eyed and managed to wake up with a shower.
    Set up the wired internet connection to my laptop (wireless is poor in that room). Connected to Skype and was waiting. Meanwhile did some stretches to loosen my stiff legs to sit on the floor.
    5 am came and went; the instructor did not log in. 5:05 I called and the instructor informed that the class was cancelled and if I can have it same time Friday:scream:!!

After agreeing, I completed the kitchen hood work. Removed the washed, dried, and squeaky clean filters and fixed them. Got the workings for coffee going. lack of sleep was dragging me. Took a small break and waited till 6:15 am to let my hubby get some undisturbed sleep. Had coffee and posted here. It was 7:08 when I completed my post.

After that the routine was same as Thursday. Took the dried sarees and placed in the laundry basket. Washed a set of bed-sheets and pillow covers.

Cooking: fortunately not much to do because of the vathalkuzhambu, and vegetable already. Made rice, and was waiting for hubby to come down to have b,fast. This time, as I sat on the sofa, M.S. Amma's "O Rangasayeee" came drifting and lulled me to sleep. Yes, I slept from 7:45 - to 8 am. :)

Woke up and in a rush had breakfast and rushed to work. A little late!

Despite my tiredness I was keen on accomplishing one thing. My exercise goal.

Evening I was very tired. I had planned to clean the top of the refrigerator today, but decided against it. Took it easy. Practiced my music. Walked to reach my 10K steps. Went to bed at 9:30 pm. Set alarm for 4:15 am .

Will post today's routine tomorrow.
    Have a great Friday.

8. coffeecups

coffeecups Gold IL'ite

I would like to join this thread too
    Great work kamala mam

kkrish likes this.
  9. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Of course, yes @coffeecups. Sure post ideas, suggestions. And if you are a working mom, your tips would be even more useful to many young working moms.
    I am unable to help in that area.

I like your username. I'll be happy if can address me as K, Kk, kkrish, or just ma'am.
    Regards.

coffeecups likes this.
  10. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

My eve yesterday was good...Made rajma + rotis for dinner (all that talk about IP:cheer: made me change the menu)
    While IP was doing its thing put one load into the washer went for a quick run...put butter out to come to room temp. Made a fresh batch of chocolate chip cookies...:banana:.while DH monitored their HW . Served dinner and put the clothes in the dryer...DH cleaned up and we all sat down to watch the game and folded the clothes....I was practically dozing .
    Today is cereal ...made pasta for lunch put dishes back in their place ....
    @kkrish...the biggest challenge for me is eve...I need to free up some time in the eve. There are just too many things going on within a very short window of time..HW,classes,practice,dinner,cleanup
    Any tips how u did that when ur kids were growing up? The only thing I can move around is my walk /run to morning..

kkrish likes this.