1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Stress Relief Ideas ?

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by madras2018, Aug 26, 2016.

1. madras2018

madras2018 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks @Shanvy @Dreambaby and @justanothergirl I actually have two pets already. Would like to mention that getting a pet doesnt always reduce stress - in fact pet owners are known to catch less sleep due to their pets keeping them awake or waking up early. Moreover, my dog, believe it or not, dislikes being petted or touched too much. She will actually diplomatically and tactfully slip away if I hold her for more than a couple of minutes.

My neutered tomcat on the other hand is more tolerant of cuddles but has led to some sleepless nights for me in the first few months till I set up a cat flap in the house and refused to entertain his pleading to be let into my room at night. He can still be noisy at times when he's bored. I've learnt to ignore it.

Tbh I slept better before I had them but overall they are good company.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
    vaidehi71 and Laks09 like this.
  2. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

Some life? No, no , not some life - but some life !:grinning-smiley-048:

Had some depressing times, didnt handle it too well. Luckily it passed without too much damage.When the going gets tough and I am starting to feel numb and worthless, I get out of the house. A short walk - some greenery or walk by a cafe/market/park where I can see the bustle of life, It is a kind of reset button for me.

The problem with stress is it prevents you from getting sleep or atleast a good night's sleep. This adds to the lousy feel the next day. Vicious cycle. Meditation is a long term thing but really helps you from entering that stage, but not easy to get started on this during the stressful period. Deep relaxation apps are a good short cut too. l would suggest the Relax and sleep well by Glen Harrold.

Hope things work out, hugs

KashmirFlower and Laks09 like this.
  3. stilldeshi

stilldeshi Senior IL'ite

To some extend I do agree that excerise helps to reduce stress but when you are stressed, you are less motivated to go out and do exercise. Talk to someone if not write it down on one piece of paper and destroy that paper. It did helped me to cope the difficult phase of life. Starting some hobby also helps you to distract and relax. I started sewing clothes, never in my entire life I did that before.
    Faith that these phase will pass, saying that to myself helped me as well.
    See how you go and relax, everything is going to be fine.

Laks09 likes this.
  4. madhuri04

madhuri04 New IL'ite

Here are some diet recommendations to go to when you are facing stress and are anxious.

1.Avocado:

Avocado is beneficial for you in three ways. As per men's fitness these have good quantities of Vitamin B that relieve you of stress. Potassium and mono-unsaturated fats in it, keep the rising blood pressure under control during stress times.

2.Tryptophan:

Turkey is one food in the meat category that is considered to be a rich source of tryptophan. It is basically an amino acid. That is the reason people feel good, relaxed and lethargic after the thanksgiving dinner. “Tryptophan is a precursor to serotonin, and serotonin, a neurotransmitter, helps you feel calm,” this is what dietitian and nutritionist Manuel Villacorta, MS, RD has said.

3.Chamomile and Green Tea:

In the event that you are not aware about the stunning health benefits of green tea, let me simply condense them for you: green tea is truly the most beneficial and healthy beverage on the planet. It's likewise brimming with the amino acid L-theanine, which has been researched on for its quieting effects on the sensory system. It also helps in weight loss. This is what some studies say.

Not just does Chamomile unwind your body so can nod off, it even battles off mild depression, which so regularly goes hand in hand with anxiety. One study sheds light on the way that Chamomile extract affects general anxiety in a “modest” manner, because of its cooling herbal qualities.
    Consumption of green tea on a regular basis helps to lose weight fast. So, this can be considered to be one remedy on how to lose weight fast.

4. Dark Chocolate:

Now, this is one thing that majority of us love eating. So when this is recommended, almost nobody would deny having it. Dark chocolate is known to trigger feelings of love and euphoria. Therefore, it has become symbolic to the Valentines day. It has positive impact on the human brain.

Amongst chocolates, only the dark variety is said to be healthy for the body. This is because it is minus the milk and most importantly the sugar. It reduces the amount of cortisol secreted. Thus, your moods remain stable as well.

At the point when members were given a dark chocolate drink on a daily basis; identical to 1.5 ounces of chocolate consistently amid one study, they felt calm than those members who did not have the beverage. One would be really disturbed on the off chance that he or she didn't get a dark chocolate drink either.

5.Turmeric:

Turmeric is known to have antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. It is a well known fact that reducing inflammation not only benefits the body, but also keeps the stress controlling hormones under control.

Prior going to solutions to calm your mind's anxiety and offer you a reprieve from your anxiety, begin caring more for yourself from within. Take a couple of minutes to contemplate before your day begins. Locate another yoga class you'll really stay with this time. What's more, grasp the power of healing foods for your body and brain. Also, check out for yourself if a low carb diet or a mediterranean diet can assist you.

Live a stress free life!
    :)

5. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

@madras2018, sorry to hear you're going through a rough patch. I hope it passes soon.

Pranayam works for all forms of anxiety and stress. It can help in the middle of a panic attack, too.

6. Cimorene

Cimorene Platinum IL'ite

NO, NO a BIG AND THUNDEROUS NO to workaround stress or other escapist mechanisms.
    Tackle it head on. Piece it apart, try to understand that stress inorder to sterilize it.

Don't escape from the stress. Identity the problem. Make sheets of your schematic insights and identify patterns.

(1) Breakup:

Draw those silly stick diagrams or rage comical figures. Draw a human stick figure.

(you) ---> Bye (break up)
    |
    |
    \/
    Hello (new arrival)

If one goes, another comes. Life goes on.

(2) Work/Social life:

(you) ---> People love you.
    |
    |
    \/
    People hate you

Write some philosophical saying, draw that menacing Heidegger and his uneigentlichkeit to eigentlichkeit proposition to remind yourself of a fundamental study in human behaviour. You can dump any philosophical or hokey saying in the sheet which should remind you of greater and bigger things to relish in life.

(3) Try to discover and comprehend the world around. Read about causal theories, understand those agency , handlers. Make notes, clip passages, read them later. Try to work out theories in you mind, reinforce such insights with additional reading on similar topics. e.g, We must recognise that single events have multiple causes | Aeon Ideas

You should hoard lifehacks and techniques not as recollections but reflexes when you stumble on problems in life. Reductively, all you need is 4-5 practised hacks to develop resilience in life. These hacks should be so ingrained in you that no conscious invocation is needed anymore. If it takes a day for you to recover from any adversity, bring it down to few hours, then work towards minutes. You should strive to rebound quickly in life. Every downer in life constitutes of an embedded "lesson" and peripheral "stress". Discard that husk that is stress and retain only the kernel of your experience. Don't get stuck in life. Keep moving in life. How? Observe the symmetrical patterns, you are always ascending from yesterday's descent. Mark those happy days, mark those sad days. Check the pattern , study those manifestations.

(1) If only I had stopped at Y, instead of going ahead with Z. Then recursively you will also think, if only I had stopped at X, instead of Y and so forth. You will be paralysed with your recursive guilt. Convince yourself, talk to your brain, treat it like a burly attorney that needs convincing to pronounce you stress-free.

(2) If only I didn't take that step. Which step, go back to your diary. Every bad step entailed a profitable outcome though not immediate. This current "bad" step will yield good results in due course. Talk to that Mister Brain, he isn't convinced yet. He cannot be subjugated through force but he is willing to take aboard a sound reason. Work through those algorithms, hacks, and slap your defensive move.

In this stress showdown everything boils down to two things (1) conscious awareness of any doing (2) evaluation of a perception of that doing. You need to twist and turn and somehow always get (2) to declare you stress-free with some fuzzy analytics. Over a period of time you will get better at snipping and shaping those nagging perceptions into more fine-tuned and enjoyable battles. Don't avoid or escape from stress. There is nothing more liberating than taming that hydra-headed beast in you. Hmm, these nelson wrests with your brain should actually have occurred in your teens and you should have figured out what it takes to develop resilience from those weighing down thoughts and carry on with fine-tuning in mid-life. Nevertheless life only gets more fun and complicated so gear up your armour and tackle it head on. DON'T ESCAPE. Talk to the stress in your brain, don't play some music and sing a lullaby for it to subdue but assassinate it. Talk to your brain.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  7. EfSotta

EfSotta New IL'ite

good ideas! I like it

8. blessings1010

blessings1010 Gold IL'ite

@madras2018
    hope you are feeling well now. Your last post was last year. Please do share how suggestions here have helped and/or helping you.

9. rajatsingh

rajatsingh Silver IL'ite

@madras2018 can you do 10 min Meditation in morning and evening. If you are willing to learn, I can send the details.

10. Emyfrancis

Emyfrancis New IL'ite

I think you should be listen to your favorite music when you get free time, yoga and breathing exercise are the stress relief medicines.