1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Bharatanatyam- Is age a restriction?

Discussion in 'Music and Dance' started by sunflower19, Jan 29, 2010.

1. stella_cb

stella_cb Junior IL'ite

Dear Bharathanatyam Aspirants,

It's been yrs now since I posted any update in this thread. I've been quite busy. To get to the point, I pursued my Bharathanatyam classes regularly. Master enquired if I'm willing to do arangetram along with my daughter. I was taken aback. But my family decided to go ahead with the proposition. We started our practice in early 2014. But due to stamina issues and illness couldn't pursue in a fashion with a target of Arangetram in 2014. It's a lengthy and year long practice for me to gain stamina and overcome wheezing which I have occasionally due to allergies. My daughter could do everything quite easily. She felt a bit bored.

We used to attend classes early in the morning at 6 AM, b'cos I'm working. Then later in the night after 7 pm. Finally we fixed the date as 14th March 2015. I still couldn't forget how proud my mom felt to see her daughter and grand daughter on stage performing. Thus by God's grace we did our arangetram on 14th March 2015.

Later we did the same items in our native on 25th December 2015. I'm still attending classes.

So, for all the enthusiasts, pls do not wait to join class. Age is no bar.

Thanks
    Stella

2. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Congratulations @stella_cb ! You performance is an inspiration to many.

3. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations ....u will inspire a great many!