1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Thank You Online Stores!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Thank God for online shopping. I will forever be grateful to modern day Tughlaq NaMobhai for making me realize its value. After the desi Quixote's tilting at the black money windmill got Rs 500 and Rs, 1000 notes demonetized, my attempts to get the new currency were thwarted as banks and ATMs either had long queues or wore a deserted look as the new notes had dried up due to high demand.

In such a time, Big Basket and Nature's basket came to the rescue of my family as we could shop online through electronic transfer of cash without bothering about the wads of cash in our possession that had turned into worthless paper overnight due to the magic touch of an executive order.

Now we are well stocked with groceries and other provisions though the old notes remain unconverted.No Ghar Wapsi for them to the RBI for the time being. In fact the joy of online shopping made me forget for a moment millions of my compatriots who languish in queues before banks for hours to ring out the old and ring in the new cash. According to latest reports three people have died in queues. Collateral damage NaMobhai? After all how do few puny lives matter in a humongous attempt to ferret out the black money.? .
    Now it looks like Delhi is going to be starved of veggies because traders in the Subzi Mandi, the vegetable wholesale marker are not getting supplies as they don't have the cash to pay for them because they are saddled with old demonetized notes and are unable to convert them into new currency.

The original Don Quixote tilted at the windmill sincerely believing it was a dragon. But OUR Don Quixote tilts at the windmill knowing fully well it is a windmill and the dragon is cozily ensconced in some tax haven abroad. He tries to convince us that the windmill is the dragon. If you don't believe it , you are an anti-national, traitor, Pakistani agent and terrorist.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
    Itsmylife143, Kamalji, rai and 2 others like this.

2. Anvitha

Anvitha Moderator Staff Member Gold IL'ite

even i felt the same, me and our colleagues were amazed to realize that , it is not having an impact on the daily routine of us at all.

credit cards and mobile wallets are there as usual and nothing has changed .....

Thanks to the IT industry, which gives us the opportunity for earning our daily bread is now shielding us from the effect majority are facing

3. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Balaji,
    I believe the cozily ensconced dragons also will be pulled up and Punished in due course.
    I am just waiting to see that day.
    PS

4. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

We are the lucky handful Anvitha. There are millions out there who rely entirely on cash.Spare a thought for them too.

kaniths and Lathasv like this.
  5. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

That is the height of optimism.

6. Laxmikrsnan

Laxmikrsnan Silver IL'ite

Hi

Being a non-commerce non-entity, the flooding of so-called-we-know-better gyans on Indian Economy about pro-modi pro-demonetization and anti-modi and how Modi is pro-foreign and is prone into destabilization of Indian economy has left me a Don Quixote....

One thing is for sure.. Those of us who rely on omni-potent IT platforms for all payments do not feel the pinch. The earlier the short denominations are made available, the normalcy will return earlier in the society.

With prayers for a speedy recovery (with all pun intended)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
    Anvitha likes this.
  7. Anvitha

Anvitha Moderator Staff Member Gold IL'ite

Here I was not talking about the rest. I was just mentioning that we did not have an impact.

it doesn't mean that we do not have known people in the other industries or we have no quintessence with other people who does rely on cash completely.

It doesn't mean that i do or do not have empathy. Please understand the topic on which the post is made before jumping on to the conclusions

Thanks

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Balaji,
    Yes agreed. online shopping , and paytm chaps will reap the harvest. now i have learnt to pay bills thru debit card and it is easy really.
    But yes things are hard , and i cannot withdraw cash as i want, why i want to know. it is my hard earned, tax paid money in banks and i have to stand in line for ration and dole eh ! Sorry why should i sacrifice just bcs they made the mistake of not having enough currency.Their fault not mine.
    Shameful.
    Regards
    kamal

Itsmylife143 likes this.
  9. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

True those covered by the IT platforms hardly feel the pinch but they are a fraction of the population. All these guys in unorganised sector including skilled workers like carpenters, blacksmiths and even construction workers are not seeing any money. Plantation workers ,farm labour are at doldrums. Though farmers are allowed to withdraw enough funds for agri inputs, they have to go to the bank first and stand in a long queue and by the time they reach the counter or ATM, the money has dried up. The whole economy is a mess. They should lift ceiling on withdrawals and allow old money to run parallel to new one until there is adeqate supply of new currency.
    [

Laxmikrsnan likes this.
  10. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Exactly Kamalji, the demonetisation is hitting only those w with hard earned taxable money in their accounts and not those with black money who are merrily converting the cash through black markets in old notes for a commission. If these jokers wanted to demonetize the old cash they should have stocked up well in advance on the new currency. Why should we suffer because they haven't done that? Shameful is an understatement.