1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is My Irritation Justified ?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Naina2016, Nov 17, 2016.

1. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Fine a year back my hubby came into limelight after school mates reunion. He doesn't have a facebook account and his mobile is unlocked. From his school whatsapp group what i found was since they were reliving old memories lot of discussion went on school days crush etc. There were lot of teasing going on who went behind whom etc.
    Is there a chance that your hubby doesn't want to see you such conversations?

sindmani and guesshoo like this.
  2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Agree with Blackbeauty. We have a Whatsapp group for my high school gang and sometimes it's as if we never grew up. All in good fun, but there's plenty of teasing and ragging going on.

sindmani, Bubbles and guesshoo like this.
  3. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

It is very normal after a school or college reunion. The friends behave as if they are still in college. So only the sky is the limit for their behaviour.
    So much fun and memories about the crushes and all that.
    When interacting with them, we completely forget the fact that we are married and are responsible adults.

It is better these conversations are kept within certain friends who know the context. For others they may seem gross.

Your H is right to lock his phone with a PW.

Don't worry.. all such fun and playful conversation will come to an end shortly. Just that, they all are bit too much excited following the reunion. Everything will be regulated soon.

Please don't strain your relationship with your hubby now.
    Nevertheless, keep an eye on him1

4. SeekingMind

SeekingMind Silver IL'ite

If you have trust in your husband your reaction will be that of feeling proud, happy and enjoying every tiny bit of this. Atleast, that is how I would feel if that was my hubby.

sbonigala likes this.
  5. SeekingMind

SeekingMind Silver IL'ite

Let me tell this.....He has every right to lock his phone and not allow you to even touch it. After all thats his phone, you have no right to look into it and read messages addressed to him without his permission.
    You will make your and his life tough and uninteresting with your intrusive, suspicious nature. Correct yourself right here and GROW UP!! Don't let silly things damage your relationship.

6. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

Note that women's name and number in mind.Keep eye on whats app,fb and other means of communicating.It could be harmless flirting which will die soon.Or it could be ex girlfriend trying to reconnect which is dangerous.
    Dont open your mouth until and unless you are sure whats going on is dangerous for your marriage.

7. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I will be very proud if other gals drool over my husband.shocked??but it's true..

Many including men have asked me how come I won't get jealous..

Well..I do think am resonably pretty and I am secure that way..I take care of my body also so I can wear better clothes..it helps..

Even if my husband openly drools I don't care and it actually irritates my husband but if I look at some guy ..he gets jealous :)

Your confidence in yourself is enough to dominate your husband and that's the little trick

Ask him diRectly abt the passcode and tell him "even I want to have a passcode for my watsapp..can u help me?"that's enough to make him insecure:p

sindmani, Bubbles, blindpup10 and 2 others like this.
  8. Rise

Rise Platinum IL'ite

I like how you are thinking through this... Why do married men see it's OK to flirt with women and call it harmless flirting

sindmani and nakshatra1 like this.
  9. Naina2016

Naina2016 Senior IL'ite

Thanks a bunch for responding. Its interesting reading thru diff perspectives.
    So it was rather a good weekend. I decided to pause being Edgy, Irritated or Curious as it served no purpose:facepalm: instead planned a date night. Couple of drinks helped the nerves !:beer-toast1:

Well.. there is no conclusion, Life moves on but would love to share my perspective !!
    1) At the end of the day its all about self regulation and intention. Whats app allows deletion of entire conversation. One can also delete selected messages, so it can look innocent with GM and GE while the rest is conveniently deleted. So a clean whats app means nothing !!! It may simply mean a very smart person !

2) When you find out the person who "was" actively teasing / messaging is a divorcee with no kids, it changes the equation a bit. If not insecurity, uneasiness definitely creeps in. After all I have invested 18 years of my life here. If one argues it doesn't, I bow to you.
    3) I believed mid/late 40s will be the time to worry abt a flirting Son, his friendships / adventures and his education. But I guess FB is changing that belief.. Thanks Mark :).

Thanks to my job - for now, I am mentally occupied with some hard deadlines to meet... Lets see where life takes us ...

Cheers :beer-toast1:

10. dnormx01

dnormx01 Gold IL'ite

What irony. We keep advising women here to be strong during/after their divorce and face the society bravely, lead a normal life and explain to them that the society today is more open etc etc. And here, when it comes to your dh interacting with a divorcee, it makes you uncomfortable? So what if she's one? Do we know her circumstances? And if you have invested 18 years, your DH too has. So shouldn't you trust him better?

I am not finding any fault here, but trying to understand if the world is really as open as we talk about it. Behind the back, wonder how many people look down upon divorcees and single women, while still agreeing to accept them socially..