Kg1 Admission For Year 2017-2018

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Sharjah' started by Craziyrmom, Aug 21, 2016.

1. daddysangel

daddysangel Silver IL'ite

Aren't d admissions in DPS over???

2. Swapravyn

Swapravyn New IL'ite

Hi after getting the regret msg u got msg about registration

3. lvlymom

lvlymom New IL'ite

hi
    i got admission for kg2 ,did u have any idea about feeder campus

4. tummykitten

tummykitten Junior IL'ite

MY child had interview at millenium school,dubai and he has been offered admission. he had also got admission at asapm,but considering the distance( we stay at al nahda1) we are thinking of going ahead with millenium dubai...how are the reviews for millenium dubai?
    the millenium interview ,compared with aspam,was little more elaborate.both the cases,since my child refused to go alone,i was allowed to accompany him..so in a way got to know how the interview was.

millenium interview-
    the teacher didnt make it feel like an assesment..she was really friendly..,she did it more like a playful activity and my son didnt want to leave the table even after the assesment was over!!!
    she first asked his name.
    -then she said lets make a necklace for mummy.there were many colored rings in a box and a thread..since my child looked confused, she showed how to put the rings in the thread ,so as to make a necklace,and she wud say ,lets put a red one ,now lets put a green one etc etc.basically he was tested whether he knows his colors.
    -next was animals-different animals on a puzzle board.name the animals,take them out of the puzzle board one by one as he named and put them all back in the correct place
    -then was shapes,,there was a box mixed with circles,triangles and sqaures,,identify them and group them separately.
    -he was given paper and teacher was like..do u want to draw something..its the childs wish..my son wanted do draw a house and teacher said lets color..he said he dosnt want to color..she said ok.if u dony want to color,we wont color
    -asked to name vegetables in the vegetable basket-tomato,cucumber,corn,pomergranate etc
    -sing rhymes ,fathers name,mothers name,friends name,playschool teachers name.

they were 2 teachers actually..one who was interacting with my son,and the other was observing and she had a paper and was writing down..they didnt rush through anything and especially with the animal puzzle ,they let him complete that in his own sweet time.

5. ambermandlik

ambermandlik New IL'ite

i got below review on DPS Feeder school in one more forum in the same club:

Dps sharjah's online registrations are on since last Thursday for kg2 to grade 1. i did the online registration formalities for grade 3 and received a msg from dps to come and deposit the registration fees. but when i asked them about thr new feeder campus they seriously don't have any idea about that themselves.
    1. i asked the gate keeper weather he knows something about the new campus .. he said i don't knw anythng about ths..most of the parents are asking me the same thing and i myself get to knw about this from u guys itself. you go and ask at the reception.
    2. i asked the receptionist about the same she was also clueless . i asked her...
    (Q.) where is the new campus?
    She said its about 15 mins away frm ths campus. its near sharjah -ajman border.
    (Q.) can u provide me the location so tht we can check the campus n infrastructure ?
    She said thr is nothing as of now but it will get ready by the end of January.
    (Q.) how come the campus will get ready in just 3 months?
    No answer just smiled and changed the topic.
    (Q.) Are you shifting all your students (kg-grade5) from here to that primary wing?
    She said no. frstly she said that new campus is only for new admissions and thn she added may b few of the students will get transferred to tht new campus.
    (She herself was confused )
    (Q.)what about the faculty thr?
    She said some of our qualified teachers will surely look after that campus and we will b having new faculty thr.
    (Again a confusing answer)
    She was forcing us to gv registration fees..
    Nobody has the clear and satisfying answer regarding thr new campus...
    So we are dropping an idea to register our son in dps.we don't wnt to invest so much money jst to get the dps stamp.
    We r looking forward for Our own and ambassador private.
    if any one having more info about dps new feeder campus thn pls do share it.

Dps Feeder Campus Admission

Sazfay likes this.
  6. Sazfay

Sazfay Junior IL'ite

Yes dear.. but v didn't go for it.. opted with ooehs shj..

7. Sazfay

Sazfay Junior IL'ite

No yaar.. first v got a regret mail frm them.. yeah I am also very much confused abt feeder campus.. how it wud be n will they appoint new staffs.. and many don't hv any idea.. where it's located too..

8. ambermandlik

ambermandlik New IL'ite

yes true. i have two options Aspum & Gems Millenium. From her nursery she already got seat in Aspum. and heard very good reviews about it. i will admit her for Aspum this year for KG 1.

Sazfay likes this.
  9. Sazfay

Sazfay Junior IL'ite

Dats good .. y to unnecessarily tak risk in our kids education..we have many better options.. Well I am waiting for ooehs (sibling quota).. fingers crossed ...

10. ambermandlik

ambermandlik New IL'ite

Good Luck. Insha Allah You will get. my first preference was OOEHS Shj but didnt selected in Lot. We ll try again next year.