Secret Shopee

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by zingy, Oct 25, 2016.

1. zingy

zingy Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

There are always some secret shop in areas which is known to localities but outsider are clueless of its existence.Am calling for names & specifics of the such Area or Shop which is typically unknown.

Let us avoid popular places and Malls and just stick to the ones which are not normally known

For Starters
    GulabSingh in Old Delhi (Chandni Chowk) . This is about 175+ year business and oldest retail in delhi selling Indian perfumes/Attar. I purchased 2 bottles of perfume for 50 Rs each 5-6 years back .Even though perfume got over I still have the bottle just to smell the lingering fragrance in it .None of famous perfume brands could match the ones I got from there .

Sandycandy, dc24, coolgal123 and 3 others like this.

2. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

I too love attar. My dad used to get small bottles When we are little kids, and put them inside costly clothes rack. Ramadan or Eed festival times near masjids , I still remember that strong attar fragrance.

zingy likes this.
  3. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

@zingy
    Very interesting discussion, yes I too love exploring the local shops - small ones which has years of tradition in selling a specific product.
    Would love to hear from others as well as we explore more such shops.

Well my favourite is Varadaraja Mudaliar Essence shop in Walltax Road, Chennai which sells bake ware and all essentials for baking, chocolates at a reasonable price. We could buy cocoa powder, vanilla extract, icing sugar, fondant, sauces, syrups in bulk for personal use.

zingy likes this.
  4. zingy

Another one from Chennai is Lalith's in Sowcarpet . It is small shop but the speciality they carry wide variety of plain white clothing (Georgette,Crepe,Shiffons whatnots) and offer choice of huge colors we can choose to get it dyed.
    They supply to most of stores in Sowcarpet so it compartively very cheaper that buying anywhere else.

once we chose they cloth they dye and deliver in 2-3 days

5. zingy

Yeah I loved it very much , The ones I got from GulabSingh
    If I happen to be in Delhi next time I am planning to buy in large quantities

KashmirFlower likes this.
  6. zingy

Even I have heard of it ,My Mom's cousin who is into baking always buys from there

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

One day i was thinking of moving to glass jars for herbs and spices and aldo looking for reasonable sets of mason jars for my dd who loves glasses and mugs of different shapes and sizes and i am amazed at her patience to use then. I landed at madras. Glassware house and what a treasure it is.i am sure many of you would know it already.

MADRAS GLASSWARE HOUSE | Wix.com

KashmirFlower likes this.
  8. Ragavisang

Ragavisang Gold IL'ite

Long back I have read an article about one of a kind sarees sold in Mount road,Chennai. You can't find the same design elsewhere. Completely forgot the shop's name:rolleyes:. If you anybody knows about it. Please let me know. Thanks.

9. meepre

meepre Gold IL'ite

Can anyone please tell me where to get second hand books both professional and general books in Chennai

10. Jeevasaro

Jeevasaro Silver IL'ite

@ meepre Try in triplicane :)

meepre likes this.