Endometriosis Effects In Pregnancy.

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Lakshmi90, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Lakshmi90

Lakshmi90 Senior IL'ite

Hello ladies,
    I am 26yrs old female, i underwent laprascopic surgery on oct'14 to excise chocolate cyst 3*4cms from my left ovary & mild adhesions.My surgeon said tubes,uterus and right ovary looked fine.
    I was then given a depo shot and continued taking bcps, i had to repeat ultrasound scans to check for its reccurrence which showed clear ovaries,uterus&tubesi got married in jun'15 and i took a scan which then showed bilateral polycystic ovaries.
    I moved to usa continued taking bcps for 8 months, i went through many articles on how to fight with hormonal imbalances and make my ovaries,uterus,tubes freed of any cysts/fibroids/blocks.I started doing vinyasayoga in a studio for 1.5hrs 5 days a week, it mainly concentrated on surya namaskar which we would be doing for 20 times in different modified forms with holding the postures for few seconds.It helped a lot in balancing my hormones, i felt a massive change happening within me during the class.
    I substituted brown rice for white rice,ragi and bajra for wheat, took either fruit salad or raw veg salad for my dinner,for breakfast i ate cereal.Doing all these the little swollen belly of me became flat, i didnt have any kind of bloating,which is a side effect of the cysts.I then visited india and took another scan which showed normal ovaries,uterus,tubes and a ovary with one follicle,i was told that i should be ovulating properly
    I changed to ayurveda consulted dr.harini radhakrishnan,started taking her medicines,in my india visit,i started taking kodo millet and it helped me further to reduce 12lbs and my tummy now was like that of the ones who exercise regularly.I tried for a baby in aug'16, actually should have tried really early,but my husband felt that he is young to plan for a baby,somehow convinced him & tried,fell preggo in the first month itself.
    Now i m in my 2month i want to know from those who got conceived inspite of endo/endo history, the issues they had during pregnancy.I am like spotting,i guess its due to hormonal imbalance,i know that endo is a estrogent dominent condition so the progesterone levels will be low and the progesterone is required for the womb to keep the baby.
    My cousin had endo too and a pregnancy ended in ectopic for her.Only after that she knew that she had endo.I was praying so much that this shudn be an ectopic pregnancy,got convinced when i saw my baby in the ultrasound scan yesterday,also i m afraid if my endo will cause birth defect in my baby,end up in stillbirth baby/premature baby.
    I just told my husband that i had operated for a cyst,he doesn know that i have endo,i din tell my ob/gyn here too,because i had gone through many articles on losing a baby because of hormonal issues, i am gonna tell her today that i had endo,i was very confident in conceiving naturally despite my history,but now i am worried if i will carry it to full-term, hope everything goes well with this pregnancy & will hold my kid soon.

KashmirFlower likes this.

2. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations, you did lot of work related to this, and for keeping up those healthy food habits.

My friend had severe endometriosis for long time, got laparoscopy done, later got pregnant and she had very healthy pregnancy and normal delivery and healthy baby.

in my opinion, you should share all history with your ob/gyn here, and also share all your fears and concerns about pregnancy and baby's health, they would be happy to help you and talk in-detail about your concerns. If you continue your healthy food habits with addition to doctor suggestions on new exercises/prenatal yoga etc stuff, good for baby and you and delivery. All the best!

3. Lakshmi90

Lakshmi90 Senior IL'ite

Thanks a lot kashmiri, i am going to the ob/gyn tomorrow,i take chasteberry (vitex) capsule everyday 400mg,it is a natural progesterone i read through and spot at times when i had to do physical work at home,it also cramps mildly and sharp back ache, if i dont eat vitex for a day or so these days,it was all gud in 6th/7th wk of pregnancy,even if i dont take it for 2 days,may be because i wasn't doing much work at home those days.
    My cousin had this experience 7-8yrs befpre and never said that she had endo,i knew that she had lost one ovary & tube.
    And it was told that endo is the reason for her ectopic pregnancy,however she later got preggo naturally and delivered a healthy baby boy normally.
    I know my neighbour who went through endo when she was 35+ later got pregnant within a yr and delivered a girl,she only introduced me to dr.harini radhakrishnan(lodhra clinic).
    Even our cousins aren't letting us know about the things happening in family,my mother/her mother and my mom's sisters all had/are having painful periods,either got hysterctomy&oopherctomy done or in medication.But this aunt is really helpful & informative,she also added that she didnt have any problem with periods/ovaries once her girl was born.
    I m gonna take the vitex capsules along with me to show the ob/gyn tomo.Thanks again for enlightening.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
    Shri211 likes this.
  4. Lakshmi90

Lakshmi90 Senior IL'ite

My ultrasound taken today showed normal heartbeat,placenta,uterus & ovaries.My hormone levels are also normal,progesterone-29,thyroid-0.47,doctor said we have to monitor the baby growth during the next appointment,thats on nov'21.
    Also she wasnt sure why am i spotting yet,i also feel a bit reassured on seeing the ultrasound & the blood test reports.
    I am gonna continue vitex because i feel that it helps in spotting and cramping,but my doctor said she wudnt recommend me that,yet i m gonna take that and i m gonna see if spotting & cramping stops,i read through the web that placenta takes over the role of ovaries to produce progesterone from third trimester.
    Hoping for the best.

5. tweetyfan

tweetyfan Silver IL'ite

Hey i think it's the endo that causes the spotting.i have endo.keep your physical activity minimal during pregnancy.when i strain more that is to the point of me getting back pain then i spot.so i really did all the works easy and slow.