Kg1 Admission For Year 2017-2018

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Sharjah' started by Craziyrmom, Aug 21, 2016.

1. dnormx01

dnormx01 Gold IL'ite

CBSE vs CBSE INTERNATIONAL | The Millenium School - Dubai

Clearly explains difference between cbse and cbse I. And just adding a little information I know- India International school, Dubai; DPS Dubai (primary classes) and gems millennium ( until 10th) follow cbse I. Slowly many schools are going to shift in hear and say, don't know how true though. Also cbse I follows grading system while cbse follows examination system is another difference I understand.

tummykitten likes this.
  2. qwerty6479

qwerty6479 New IL'ite

Thanks a lot Nazia929..Highly Appreciate ur feedback.

3. qwerty6479

qwerty6479 New IL'ite

Thanks a lot SwatiGhormode..Highly Appreciate ur feedback.

SwatiGhormode likes this.
  4. qwerty6479

qwerty6479 New IL'ite

Thanks a lot ShenbaSakthivel..Highly Appreciate ur feedback..
    Will inform once we are done...

5. Craziyrmom

Craziyrmom Silver IL'ite

Hi tummy kitten,

ASPAM is a good school from d reviews I've heard but it is equally important to consider the distance a kid has to travel everyday esp in d morning time. I believe you stay in Dubai as you have mentioned Al Nahda1 and have you discussed how much time it ll take in school bus to ASPAM or KGS. If the travelling time is long, no matter how good the school is, the kid will be tired by the time he/she reaches school and is bound to affect the kids performance. Alternatively, is there a chance you can move near to the school in a few years so the kid is benefitted?

Reg. homework, it is more applicable preference of parents. Some of them believe homework is necessary everyday while some believe that kids can only learn in school and play at home. Activities and projects are given by all schools so that also has to taken into consideration.

Hope this helps you get some idea!

tummykitten likes this.
  6. tummykitten

tummykitten Junior IL'ite

hi all, would like to share my friends experience as they went for interview at dps.
    to the kid,they only asked couple of questions ,name,parents name,play with blocks .and to the parents,they were asked if mom was working or not.she is not working and they asked why do u sent ur kid to nursery if ur not working..then they asked do u prefer ur kid to play indoor or outdoor. they replied outdoor,so they were asked back in a country like dubai where its very hot during summers etc how is that practical ( i found their questions very strange)

to another friends kid,who isnt that fluent in english,they asked the same basic questions.name,parents name etc..but the parents were asked about 10 questions-who does the child spent more time with,does she like listening to stories ,does she tell stories ,what does the child do in the free time,is the child active...and etc again pretty strange i found,im only thinking maybe they wanted to understand why the child wasnt fluent in the language ..im just guessing...

7. tummykitten

thank u so much!!

dnormx01 likes this.
  8. dnormx01

dnormx01 Gold IL'ite

Why do they ask about moms working and indoor games etc. any specific reason? Do they give preference to kids whose both parents are working?

9. tummykitten

hi,questions like the mom working or not and why sending the kids to playschool if mom not working/and non working moms do u plan to work in future etc are their common questions ..i was following this thread and yes,these were indeed asked to parents who went for interview last week too.

i am not sure if they prefer working moms to non working moms,i guess they are judging the parents confidence.. to questions like if ur not working ,then why send the kids to nursery,the answers they gave were ' we sent our son to nursery even though im a stay home mom is because there are so many things thay they wud learn at the nursery compared to being at home-like interction with other kids,sharing,responsibilities,how to sit in a class,behave in a group etc etc..u get the point na..
    about indoor and outdoor play when my friend replied she prefers outside play than indoor,she was asked ,in a country like dubai where the summers are terrible,is that practical..she replied to that saying outdoor activity is imporatnt for exercise n now wince its good weather they go to kids parks where the kids can run around and play together ,hence again important as it helps them to learn to interact with other kids as well,and in the summers ,they take the kid to play only n the evening when the sun and the temperature is not that harsh,it might be something simple like cycling,or playing with balls,throwing etc ,which is soo importan for their physical development ,all this in an indoor set up is restricted is what she replied..

dnormx01 and Craziyrmom like this.
  10. tummykitten

to be really honest with u,i really dont get the point as to why they are asking such questions to parents.i have heard thatg last year n few years before they used to ask questions to kid ,like what is the last sond ur mom or dad sang to u,what is the last toy u were given...and these same questins were then repeated to the parents like to cross check...i was stumped when i heard that..a 3.5-4 year old,will they even remembr accurately what was the last song sung to him,or even toy..i dunno abt other kids,but surely my son wud have just said something totally random...whatever came to his mind...
    but this time i heard its not these questions at all....its more of understanding the parents sought of questions..i am no expert,mayeb these questions have a psycological point of view which layman ( like me) dont get.!!!

dnormx01 and Craziyrmom like this.