Stupid Behaviour Of My Mom

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by shwetapj, Oct 14, 2016.

1. sanjaysahu

sanjaysahu New IL'ite

Hold on, first thing you are talking about your own mother. And no one else would know or understand your mother better than you. Not even your husband.

Second, now both of you are in different situations , there is age gap, location, generation, living style, and day to day problems , everything is different. She may be assessing the situation based on her knowledge and experience. You are assessing the situations on your knowledge and experience.

Now this is only a suggestion and cannot be a solutions as you understand your situation better than anyone else.

If I were you, i would listen to what ever she says and just say yes to her, and then do what ever is feasible to me and good for me. No arguments, no discussions. If she asks again i would say i have done as per her suggestions.

Adharv likes this.
  2. shwetapj

shwetapj Silver IL'ite

Hello @sanjaysahu

i agree to whatever you said, but if it was possible i would have never posted my problem here.

NeetaR likes this.
  3. shwetapj

shwetapj Silver IL'ite

hi @Adharv

thanks for your reply. I am not irritated of the gyan thing. What i get irritated is constant shouting and proving me again and again I am irresponsible. If she tells me once I can understand and rather than listening to what I am saying she will keep talking and shouting even if I am dead on the other end. In short , she is not bothered to listen to me when I am really in need or cant understand the urgency of situation. I usually take this as her immature behaviour, but at this point she has crossed limits. I feel bad about writing my Mom like this but even after explaining the behaviour doesnt seem to improve even 1%

You tell me in your 9 th month when you have issues with nearing delivery dates and work related stress and you mom Knows everything but still calls you and shouts, shouts, shouts without limitation every now and then what will you do?

4. shwetapj

shwetapj Silver IL'ite

Hello!

If this was possible, again i would not have posted my problem here. I have tried doing this but instead ended up in fights and increasing my BP

5. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

Shweta, I could sense your problem.

Just relax do not over think about anything. Just focus on yourself. If your mom or someone call to shout at you don't give your ears to them. Try your best to keep calm which is the most important thing as your date is nearing.

Play some musics, do things which can instantly change your mood. As you might be aware mood swings are too common at this point of time.

Cheer up!!

6. Shinylady

Shinylady Bronze IL'ite

Dear Shweta, it's really sad to know that your mom is causing you so much heartache during this delicate phase of your life. My suggestion is reduce the frequency of receiving her calls as much as possible. Ignore even if she keeps ringing. When you have to pick up her call, after few minutes, tell her you need to take care of something and end the call.

7. tweetyfan

tweetyfan Silver IL'ite

Has your mom has been always like this?.
    If not then this might be because your mom is anxious as well because u haven't called her to help.so she might be telling u in her own way that there r zillion things to do before and after delivery.May be she is anxious of u handling everything all alone.

If your mom is always the shouting type....then pls. don't take it to ur heart ....ignore her to have ur own peace....attend calls and keep the calls really short.

8. shwetapj

shwetapj Silver IL'ite

Hi @teetyfan

my Mom is always like that but this time she irritated a lot even when she knows I am already having a lot of stress. secondly, i called her a number of times to help me but she refused clearly as if she is not interested

9. tweetyfan

tweetyfan Silver IL'ite

Well then u have to set boundaries with your mom....think about reducing the frequency of calls to once a week.every time insist that u will call her when u r available and not the other way around.dont tell ur daily activities in detail.no specific infos.just random topics and superficial info about ur life.
    It's going to be difficult with no support post delivery.keep maid for every work.Also keep yourself educated about Post Partum Depression.Been there.
    Have a safe and happy delivery.

PoornishaB likes this.
  10. shwetapj

shwetapj Silver IL'ite