1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Bubbles

Bubbles Silver IL'ite

@BDivya :thumbup: kitchen superstar!! I'm aiming for keeping kitchen time to 2hrs everyday: 1 hour for cooking and 1 for cleaning etc.. hmmmm someday!!

@AkilaMani welcome back!:hello: We missed you!! (Especially me..When I sorely needed some kind advice)

2. periyashan

periyashan New IL'ite

Hi everyone,
    Hi Bubbles,
    Onions and garlic I remove the skin and store in the fridge two boxes.
    I cut onions according to my everyday need. Before I start cooking in the morning 1st I cut onions chop or cut garlic, green chilies so it make me easy on my cooking time.Onions are fresh for more than 7 to 10 days.

you can store cauliflower, broccoli up to 10 to 12 days but store them in small portion according to your need. If you take veggies out and put it to fridge will spoil veggies freshness.

I don't cut and store onions in fridge because freshly cut onions and fridge store cut onions makes different tastes.

there are some veggie can't stored in boxes like ladyfingers,snake gourd
    because they contains more water.
    Rap them in kitchen paper towels or news papers.:wave1::thinking:

Prash29 and Bubbles like this.
  3. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

hah nothing like that, but thanks..makes me feel better :):)

Bubbles likes this.
  4. chithirainilavu

chithirainilavu Gold IL'ite

Hey girls,

Nice to see the thread alive again. August and September were quite hectic with lots of travel , guest visit and in laws visit etc. Hopefully October will be bit relaxed and I can focus on something .

This thread is really motivating and inspiring.

In midst of all these hectic schedules I made it a point go for regular walks and reading for sometime before I sleep. Feeling good. There were people saying that I have reduced.

Shara

AkilaMani and Bubbles like this.
  5. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Shara,

Great dear.... I too am walking quite a bit these days, feeling fantastic but no one seems to have noticed yet :( its totally ok though because I feel energized all through the day :)

Bubbles likes this.
  6. periyashan

periyashan New IL'ite

Hi everyone,
    I'm in my early forties my body weight is normalal but my problem is my tummy after
    3c section my timmy still big.
    So where ever I go I must answer the question are pregnant. I can't wear a dress that fits for me because I can't wear XL size
    and XXL too its upper part is big for me
    I am with high anemia so after my household work I feel so tired . That I can' t do exercise for my tummy.
    what else can I do help me.

7. Bubbles

Bubbles Silver IL'ite

Post-pregnancy tummy is a real bummer. But if you have high anemia, you need to get that corrected first. Are you on iron tablets ? Have you discussed with your doctor if you need iron injections?
    Then you can get started on a good diet - cum - exercise regimen.

8. veeramachaneni

veeramachaneni Platinum IL'ite

Hi Divya,
    I used to post every day for sometime and then stopped doing it. I will try to be more active from now one.

Hi Akhila - That is awesome. keep walking.

kkrish likes this.
  9. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Hi Everyone
    Thought I'll peep here and was happy and surprised that this thread is still on top.
    Goes to show how we women care a lot about our families and want to make our homes the happiest and most comfortable for our family members.

Thank you @AkilaMani for reviving the thread and anchoring it beautifully! Keep up the good work.
    Posting queries on problem areas is a wonderful idea.

You had posted a query a few thread ago on managing Laundry - especially folding clothes.
    Try this. It may not relieve you completely but will reduce the amount of laundry that need to be folded.

I have allotted two huge bins (box with no lids or loose lid) for my undies. In these I just toss them without folding. This leaves just the larger clothes to be folded.

You can have such boxes for each family member - labeled.
    For little children's clothes you can just smooth them with your hands and place one on top of the other in a bin and then place the bin on the shelves (label them clearly)
    Boxes will give a neat appearance and also prevent over-piling of clothes which will topple down when cupboards are opened.
    I'll post a picture soon of what I am talking about.

Time to fold. I make it a point to wash just one batch of clothes a day - and I definitely watch one TV show in the evening with a cup of coffee - I place the dry laundry in a basket, take it down and fold them while watching TV. I do not set any other time to fold clothes. It took some time to get into this routine.

Trust some of you will find this helpful.

K

10. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Here are the pictures I promised.
    The first picture is shelves that have my petticoats, white on one side colors on the other.
    20161020_081314.jpg
    Second picture: after they are placed in bins.
    20161020_081404.jpg
    Third and fourth pictures: petticoats are placed vertically in the bins so that I can locate and pull out the one I need easily.
    20161020_082203.jpg 20161020_082133.jpg
    Trust you find this helpful.

My presence here seems to have deterred others from posting.
    Perhaps I am intruding. Sorry.
    Will say bye now. I'll peep in every now and then.

I also thank @Bubbles and @BDivya for taking up the thread and anchoring alongside Akilamani.
    Thanks a ton!
    Enjoy your time here.