1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What To Do When Your Parents Are Greedy

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by sapnadc, Oct 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StrongLady

StrongLady Silver IL'ite

The point here was to say that having wishes to be fulfilled is not a bad or greedy behavior from parents.
    Op was able to afford but she backed off.

Well OP husband afford 23 thousand dollars debts for sister, he also gave money when Op asked for her family. But somehow Op herself is not getting hands to give them any financial whether sister marriage help or their jewellery wish.

2. StrongLady

StrongLady Silver IL'ite

Based on what I read agree with Coolgal and Ssg. Leave aside the quotes.
    There are horrors from husband and parents or siblings all sides in the world.

Leave the comparison between husband and parents . Parents gave their own priority. and they shud be respected and need to behave with patience considering they are getting old.

coolgal123 likes this.
  3. sapnadc

sapnadc New IL'ite

I do not get their property and i do not want it either. What I meant was they should enjoy their life without worrying abt saving things for future for their son.

4. Sapnadc1

Sapnadc1 Senior IL'ite

Hi guys i saw that many of you are commenting saying I am not being sensitive towards my parents. I realize that I sudnt have used the word "greedy"against them which I regret now. When I was writing the post I was very depressed that my mother was not willing to talk to me. I have always been very good to my family. Always worried abt my parents. I have done more for them than for me always. The only reason that hurt me real bad was when my parents wanted to spend money on something which wasnt necessary With someone's money who already has so many financial trouble. When I said I couldnt my mom wasnt that happy to talk to me. I dont understand how can you say i was able to help my parents and i didnt. I would not have asked my husband to send money to my parents in the first place if I was a inconsiderate person. I asked him knowing how hard is it for him. If I was working I would have given things before they ask which I have been doing from past. Even for my wedding I didnt ask them to spend any money. I have tried as much as I can to make their life easier. My husband's economic situation isnt good. They know that. When they know this and still were ok buying things which wasnt important was the only reason which hurt me.

Lakshmi6197 and Rihana like this.
  5. Sapnadc1

Sapnadc1 Senior IL'ite

6. Sapnadc1

Sapnadc1 Senior IL'ite

When the husband is working to pay off the loan his family has how can a wife send his money to her parents?
    If the wife was employed or if the husband was well off the daughter would be more than happy to fulfill her mother's wish.

Rihana likes this.
  7. Sapnadc1

Sapnadc1 Senior IL'ite

I think what i meant is being misunderstood here. I initiated to help my parents when they first told me they dont have enough money. I talked to a person who has already enough on his plate. Still i convinced him to help. Later I jad told no just because I realized it wasnt that important. When I was earning I was fulfilling their demands and when I will be earning again I will definitely be doing it so plz
    If the parents themselves would let the daughter stay forever with them not the husband's , the daughter would love taking care of them.
    She would love to give her half a salary too which she has done in the past if only she was employed. Plz dont misunderstand. The case here is its the husband's money.

Lakshmi6197 and Rihana like this.
  8. Sapnadc1

Sapnadc1 Senior IL'ite

I believe I should fund my parents wishes not my husband. If my husband has to spend lots of money on his sister I shouldnt go and start giving his money to my parents also. I have done everything for myself and faced so much struggle in the life just to make sure my parents wont have to worry. The dissatisfaction was there only when knowing the situation my parents still expected the money and I agree I might have used strong words against them which I am very guilty of.

Rihana and Lakshmi6197 like this.
  9. Sapnadc1

Sapnadc1 Senior IL'ite

Coolgal a son can fulfill his mother's demand. For me too it wont have been a issue if the money was expected from me. I dont want to say anything abt my parents because so much misinterpretation has been done abt how I treat my parents.

10. Sapnadc1

Sapnadc1 Senior IL'ite

I dont know how it is greediness if i do not want any of it. The only reason I thought it would be nice for them selling a small portion is that they can clear their debt. I would have definitely helped them clear it if it was in my reach.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.