Delivery place

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by malarvp, Jul 9, 2008.

1. malarvp

malarvp New IL'ite

Hi,

I'm a second time mom-to-be in my 7th week of pregnancy. I had my first kid in India and came to US. Now I want to deliver my 2nd baby in India provided my health is ok to travel. Some of my friends are saying that doctors here won't allow preggy women after 6 months to travel. Has anyone been to India specifically for delivery? Hope someone can provide some help on this. Thanks

Malar

2. malarvp

malarvp New IL'ite

Noone want to reply???or noone had experienced this situation???

3. Sunita_2002

Sunita_2002 New IL'ite

Hi,

I understand your concern. As far as I know, after 5th month, you are not supposed to travel.

Btw, I just want to let you know that, If you give birth here to your second baby, he/she will become US Citizen. It is your decision.

4. MOM 2 BE

MOM 2 BE Senior IL'ite

Hi,

Well i dont think it should be a problem with your travel. I myself was in india during my 4th month and returned in my 7th month. I dont see any problem with the Dr's but if you would wanna travel late in pregnancy like in your 8th month onwards, some airlines do restrict you or they will need you to show them your fitness letter from your Dr.

If u are keen on delivering in india then you can always travel back some where near your 8th month. No probs.

All the best

MAYA.

5. malarvp

malarvp New IL'ite

Thank you Sunitha and Maya. I hope I need to check with my gynec well in advance. What my friends said was doctors in India are allowing to travel until the 8th month with a fitness letter. But it is not so with US doctors it seems. ok let me check with the gynec.
    Malar

6. malarvp

malarvp New IL'ite

Delivery in US

Hi ILs,

I'm pregnant with my second baby and around 13 weeks preggy. Actually I have already posted here about my wish to have my delivery in India and ILs have suggested discussing this with my gynec. Now my husband has started saying let's have the delivery here, bcoz there are benefits of being US citizen and moreover since I'm working I need to take looooong break if I want the delivery to be in India. After delivery also we need to think of getting passport, visa, etc for the new born, which I also think is tiring job in India. But I'm fully not convinced of having the baby in US, just because we are in US and US is good in terms of economy and education today. Also I don't want to have differentiation between the 2 kids. Can someone here tell me the pros and cons of having the baby in US? Also if any of your friends(working) have been to India just for delivery? Some of my husbands friends have told him that the new born might get ear drum problems if made to travel in about 1.5months. Someone please clarify my doubts. I appreciate your help. Thanks.

Cheers,
    Malar