1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mirror Never Lies

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Akanksha1982, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Akanksha,

Having requested to fill the shoes of Cheeniya Sir temporarily, I rushed to read the nominated posts pretty quickly. I gave my responses directly in FP forum. But when Vaidehi nominated your story, I was reluctant to respond that I would read it soon. But my duty warranted quick response. However, I wanted to fulfill my commitment to read the story seriously. In the meantime, Rihana's email has made me read it sooner.

Among tight work schedule, remodeling work at home, teaching a student visiting from another state, burning feet treatment, etc., I read your story in two nights and I am glad I did.

Be it the description of a cruise ship activities, software professionals' talk, physicians' typical diagnosis of married life, expression of romance in wonderful poems, standard cold war between spouses, scuba diving certification information, it is clear you have done your homework well before writing this story. Your narrating skill is impeccable. As I said in the FP forum, it is time you take writing a second profession. You are the new generation Sujatha, my favorite Tamil writer. He used to pay a lot of attention to details and never allow the story to fall flat in any chapter.

Keep up the great work you are doing. It is time for you to talk to Varalotti to figure out how to get your stories published.

Viswa

2. GeethaMadhuri86

GeethaMadhuri86 Senior IL'ite

Awesome work babes.. u nailed it..

3. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks @GeethaMadhuri86. I am glad that you liked it.

4. Akanksha1982

Thank You Viswa Sir. :worship2: OMG! even with such a hectic schedule you took time to read the story. I will try to find the translated books of Sujatha and try to read them. Thank you Sir for your encouragement but I am far far away from being a good writer.

5. Akanksha1982

Thanks Rise.

6. twinklingstar

twinklingstar Gold IL'ite

hello dear...and all my friends...after so many month i m logging in and soon i went to story section and found my fav writer's story...m so happy akankasha to c ur story. i willl go thru it quickly and will reply.
    missed u and all the others .......

sreeram likes this.
  7. Rajeni

Rajeni Moderator Platinum IL'ite

Dear Akanksha,
    Yet again a wonderful story! Entertaining as well as educating! You very well deserve all the appreciations esp. for the ground work you have done. The genre may be Drama but there was no Drama in the story, all the events, exchanges and emotions were all very realistic. The attraction the lead characters felt for their friends, their moral value that held them, their self realization are all well depicted and beautifully narrated. And, the story has a wonderful message as takeaway!

And, yes, I felt like enthusiastically waving at the three other couples on the cruise. Hope everyone has aged gracefully - esp. our heroic Munir :D

8. Akanksha1982

Thanks Rajeni for the wonderful feedback. Love you loads for the motivation.

Rajeni likes this.
  9. Akanksha1982

Hey twinklingstar. Missed you dear!! hope everything is well. Take your time, would love to read your feedback. Hope you like it.

twinklingstar likes this.
  10. Jeevasaro

Jeevasaro Silver IL'ite

Hi Akanksha,

Fantastic story... You narrated very well :) Love to hear more stories from you :)
    All the very best :)