1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Good Malayalam Movie?????

Discussion in 'Movies' started by jothi, Feb 16, 2007.

1. bitika

bitika New IL'ite

Dear Vidya,

Amritham Gamayam is a very good film. Mohan Lal is a doctor and a very serious flim...Recently it was shown in one of the tv channels....

:wave bitika

2. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hai,
    is this the movie in which the heroine is Heera? She too would be a doctor and she would have been killed and Lal woud be accused- she would be rich and it would seem that he killed her for her wealth.
    If it is the same movie, then we have its Telugu and Tamil and Hindi versions, with Nagarjuna and Mahisha Koirala and Ramya Krishnan.

3. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    I am a malayalam movie watcher too. i heard classmates is good. thanmatra is too good too.
    Regards,
    Meenu

4. bitika

bitika New IL'ite

no.....Amritham gamayam is the film in which geetha and parvathi has acted.
    Mohanlal has acted so well, the story in short is like this......during his ragging in the hostel a fresher (Vineeth) dies and he tries to compensate by making his sister a doctor..... it is a very touching film.....i liked it very much.....
    :wave bitika

5. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

Hi ladies,

Nice to know that so many of you like mallu movies as much as I do.
    Vidya, I have seen amirtam gamayah too. It was defintiely one of his best movies, came out in the late 80's. I also liked him, well liked is an understatement, loved him in His Highness Abdullah. I can keep going Aaramthampuran, Pattana Pravesham, Kireedam, Bharatham and many more. I could go on and on... here is a picture of his lovely family... i found on the net..

sneha poorvam,
    Jothi.

Attached Files:

6. adi005

adi005 New IL'ite

hi jothi,

i am in los angeles CA, n i am from mumbai....

i didnt get to watch thanmatra.... watched classmates n vadakkkunathan recently.....those are really goood.and about the channels try getting asianet asianet plus or kairali ull really find variety of programmes n good movies on these channel...

i really feel that we should keep this thread alive so we could discuss more about movies n many other things.... :goodidea:

bye fornow
    adi

7. adi005

adi005 New IL'ite

PS

i heard courtesy of my sister that mammooty movies palunku n karuthapakshikal are v good.... didnt get to watch it...

now i am watching vietnam colony on asianet so :wave

adi

8. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Yes,Kireedam,one of the best movies of Mohanlal.

Kaneer poovinde kavilil thalodi------Wow!! What a song.

The movie is being remade in Tamil under the same name-Thala Ajith is the hero...I am waiting for that too....:yes:

9. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

Sunitha,

I did not know kireedam is being made in tamil. Although I have a feeling that Ajith cannot even come close to Mohanlal's acting even if he stands on his forehead (even though he is thala). we will wait and see. what is up with tamil directors and producers anyway, why do they do so many remakes of malayalam... we are soooooooooooo good....

Adi,

How was vietnam colony. I kinda liked that too. I have to say I almost like all maohanlal movies, except for a few where he started acting as a gunda.. especially Narasimam(mone..dinesha) I actually liked Mamooty in that even if his character was a short one.
    You should not miss Thanmatra, it was one of the best of Mohanlal and a comeback movie after doing all the gunda movies.

Jothi.

10. safa

safa Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    My hubby is a Lalettan fan. He recommends everyone to see "Thoovana thumbikal"
    Mohanlal's old movies , Gandhi Nagar second street, Ulsavappittennu, Vandhanam is also very good.
    Heard Rasathanthram with Meerajasmine (new) is good.

We both liked "Meghamalhar".(Bijumenon and his wife Samyuktha varma).

Blessy(Dir)'s films Kaazcha (mammotty) and Thanmatra ( mohanlal) is very good movies. For many days my only thought was about my kids after watching "Kaazcha".
    I cannot forget Mammotty's acting in " Vidheyan". His acting brought all the hatred towards his character in that film.
    About Laljose(Dir), he also takes very simple and beautiful movies. Latest is classmates.
    Another good director is Kamal. Megha malhar, Mazha , Madhuranombarakkattu and perumazhakkaalam etc his good movies.
    I do not watch much movies. But hubby does.
    Now a days many Hindi and Tamil movies are remakes of Malayalam movies. Especially Dir Priyadharsan has made some of his old Mallu movies into Hindi. Like Garam masala etc.