Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 1)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Ami, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

This happens sometimes.

Dear Rama,
    Did you use a non-stick pan ? Anyway it is better to hold wth a pair of tongs, while reversing it. Or you can do like the usual phulka.
    Regards,
    chithra.

2. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Thanks a lot

Thanks a lot,Chithra Madam,that was too quick.I plan to make that in large quantities for my wedding anniversary next week.

Thanks again

3. shubhavasudevan

shubhavasudevan Senior IL'ite

chitvish

dear chitra

I tried your adai the 1st type and also the mysore masala dosai. Both were so good. Only problem with adai was it was breaking while trying to take out from the tava. The taste was very good though and just the way i like it. Is it because i used the mixie for ginding the batter?

Your receipes are so popular with my family and there is always something new to try which makes cooking more interesting. Sorry abt the delay in feed back. Thanks once again for all your efforts.
    shubha.

4. jyoti

jyoti New IL'ite

I tried Gotsu

Mrs. Chitvish,

I tried your Gotsu (brinjals-tomatoes-g.chillies version) for idli for a small dinner I hosted for few of my Srilankan friends. They always ask me to make idlis (since they like the soft texture of S.Indian idlis) and your gotsu along with idlis made it top the taste!

The tip on adding besan for thickening really makes it taste good too in addition to thickening.

Thanks for sharing the recipe.

5. Chitvish

Thankyou for the mail.

Hello Jyoti,
    Thanks for the feedback. Besan by itself being tasty, adds to the taste of the dish to which it is added for thickening. But you have to be selective about when to use it for thickening - one can't use it for sambar etc.
    Regards,
    chithra.

6. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

query.......

Dear Chitra,

I need some help in preparing filter coffee. ( U must be shocked but I'm sorry I really need to set this right).

I switched to instant coffee for years now and recently my friend gave me a tip on making filter coffee. She said we need to add a tbsp of caramel to the filter to get a nice aromatic coffee. Is that true??????

I miss filter coffee. Even in star hotels (have tried from sheraton towers to Residency to Saravana bhavan) I don't get the taste I'm lookin for?
    Could u pls suggest a brand I need to buy and breif the procedure involved..

Another query, where can I find ur Gotsu recipe????
    Probably hiding somewhere between threads.........

I have noted down the ladies finger recipe, thank you so much.

Had tried PItlai recipe again, my daughter wants me to prepare the ennai brinjal everyday... she's hooked on to that taste. Had prepared appalam vatha kuzhambu, was great. Without Ginger Thokku my lunch is incomplete. Idli sambars is a regular recipe now. Can't think of Idlis without ur sambars.
    The Pineapple rasam was divine.

This evening I plucked yellow pumpkin from my garden; planning to try your halwa recipe 2morrow. WHAT A NICE WAY TO SPEND MY TIME?

Chitra, the list is endless - how do I thank you??????????????????????

Love & Regards,

7. Chitvish

Thankyou soooooooooooo much (your way of putting it !)

Dear Meena,
    You are really boosting my ego - God save me from taking all complements "into my head" !
    For filter coffee half Plantation A & half Peaberry is ideal. You can add a little chicory or not - that is your choice. You need a coffee filter for this. On the top part put 4 heaped tsp powder (for 2 ) & lightly press it with your fingers. Don't press it hard.
    There is a small "umbrella like ", to be gently kept on the powder. Pour boiling water over this. Decoction will be ready in the bottom part in 10 mts. Some people sprinkle sugar on the powder for taste, but I have not heard of caramel. The first is real thick decoction. You can pour slightly less water a second time. That will be thinner. Usually we pour water for decoction & keep the milk for boiling, so that both will be ready simultaneously. Then it is "heaven" !
    Now we get electric coffee makers which are very good - not coffee percolators.
    Gotsu is no:12 in Shakambari thread.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

8. Chilbuli Imli

Chilbuli Imli Senior IL'ite

Hello Chitra,

Thank you so much. My kitty went really well. Bean and bread loaf salad turned amazing. I had made 2 big plates of salad and they finished both. I had made another pulav which turned well and soup was delicious. Even my sweet dish turned amazing well. At the end of the day i was on top of the world with so many praises and friends asking for recipies. Even my husband like dthe food and was very happy.

Thank you once again to all who equally replied me and helped me in making my kitty a success.

Love

9. Chitvish

Glad to hear that you party was a success.

Dear C B I,
    For all the efforts you put in, I am glad you received praises. You deserve every bit of it !
    Regards,
    Chithra.

10. rathi

rathi Bronze IL'ite

Mulagootal was marvellous

Hello Chitvish,

I tried the mulagootal recipe. We had it with recipes. You know it was marvellous. What a healthy way of including all vegetables as a side dish???

You know my husband was so impressed with the mulagootal recipe and told me that I should make it when my father-in-law visits us here, he being a diabetic patient.

Thanks a lot, Chitvish. Your recipes are simply superb!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.