Overworked ..

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by Bhooma, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Bhooma

Bhooma Bronze IL'ite

A very distressing news on NDTV today morning for all animal lovers ..

Couple of sniffer dogs who do the most magnificent work have been overworked so badly, they have been admitted to the animal hospital and are being administered glucose and medication to help them get over their exhaustion .

They work tirelessly sniffing out drugs/explosives .. and according to sources, their lungs are likely to be affected in the long run.

Granted we need them to sniff out explosives and other stuff ... but dont they deserve to be treated better ?

Bhooma

Similar Threads
    1. SuiDhaaga
      Replies:
      Views:
  2. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Dear Bhooma,
    Felt very sad to hear about the way they treat these poor doggies out there.
    How inhuman can they get....just because these poor dogs can't complain or go on strike , how they take advantage. Why can't they recruit more dogs and get them to work in shifts? Really very bad ...hope our Manekaji will do something about this ...we animal lovers are helpless can only protest among ourselves.

warm regards
    PAULINA:wave

3. aproop

aproop Bronze IL'ite

Dear Bhooma,

Its indeed sad to know that these dogs are overworked and get seriously affected in the process. I sincerely hope something would be done about this.

love,
    anu

4. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Bhooma,
    I agree with you, Paulina and Anu....something must be done, to prevent these kind of incidents to the dogs doing those works..

sriniketan

5. aproop

aproop Bronze IL'ite

Since past few days here in Kerala, and in few other states, the dog squad is on fulltime work specially the sniffer dogs. thanks to terrorists and hoax bomb calls.

please check the link below, it is said that in Hyderabad 6 of the 18 dogs have grown old. "The aging dogs have had a strenuous work schedule in the past few months in view of frequent hoax bomb calls in the city. This is obviously leaving them much fatigued."

I only hope that these dogs are taken proper care even after retiring from hard work.

City dog squad strained, bosses look other way-Hyderabad-Cities-The Times of India

love,
    anu

6. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Anu,
    Went through that article....as rightly said by you..these helping dogs should be taken good care of....

sriniketan

7. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Dear Anu,

It was really distressing to read about those aging sniffer dogs working overtime.

Wonder what they will do to those old ones after they get the new younger trained batch as they claim they will soon . How I wish we could do something for them If some people would adopt them and give them a comfortable home that would be great..Dogs are such devoted companions and when I read about these things, it is really so depressing.

Thanks for the info.....read the item after following the link.

8. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Dear Bhooma and others,
    Felt very sad after reading that the sniffer dogs have been over worked and that causes lot of health problems to the dogs. Will SPCA take care of this?

9. Anirajiv

Anirajiv New IL'ite

Dear Bhooma & ladies,

If you can get some hold of some telephone numbers and mail ids, we can
    pass the same on to other animal lovers or to 'Care' to make a petition in
    favour of these Dogs.

If lots of mails and calls start pouring through to the authorities, in due time
    things can definately change.

Please do let me know.

Regards
    Anita

10. Bhooma

Bhooma Bronze IL'ite

Anirajiv

Lovely suggestion. I am with you .

There used to be a lady Ambika Shukla .. I think she is based in Delhi. I am off to Mumbai and back next week . After my return I will try and dig out her ID. I used to read her columns in the Deccan Chronicle.

Maybe we can all make a representation to her ?

Please others .. your suggestions please ...