Garbarakshambikai - Need more info

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by bharthi, Feb 2, 2007.

1. ps99

ps99 New IL'ite

Hi,

I am new member to IL and am glad to see so many active members here..!!!

Well I have a question regarding taking the Garba Rakshambika temple nei prasadam.
    During the course of 48 days when the couple take the prasadam at night.. I was under the assumption that if the wife has her periods, then the process of taking nei prasadam stops for both husband and wife and resumes after 5 days.

I am hoping this is the correct procedure.

I was discussing the same with another friend and she said that when she stopped the prasadam, during her periods... her husband still continued taking the prasadam alone during such times(periods)..!

Now I am all mixed up and would appreciate some serious replies.

Thanks

2. Smitha D

Smitha D New IL'ite

I don't know about the 48 days thing but i'll tell you about my info which i got with the ghee which i had ordered online

take for 40 days. Every morning empty stomach, every night before going to bed both of you

exclude 5 days of periods for both of you and extend those five days to make complete 40 days

take without taking any break very imp.

Mantra behind the godess pic was

Himavat Uthare Parshve
    Surada Naama Yakshine
    Tasya Smarana Matrena
    Visalya garbhini bhavet

Last edited: Aug 5, 2008
  3. ps99

ps99 New IL'ite

Thanks Smitha. Appreciate your reply..!!!

4. soncha

soncha Senior IL'ite

I was trying the website links that were posted for garbarakshambikai but the urls were not good. Anyway I found this site called eprathana.com and they had some info on their website. They will do specific poojas for specific issues. I couldn't find pooja for garbarakshambikai but found something for karapparakshambikai. Hope both of the names are of same goddess. They charge $9 for pooja and $17 for shipping prasadam to US. Well i sent them an emaiL as I didn't know what are the contents in the prasadam but no one replied back.

My question to all the wonderful people in this forum is " Has anyone ordered pooja thru this website and if you did what was the prasadam you got? I want the ghee but can't find the info on how to get it. HElp me please.

5. Naveena

Naveena New IL'ite

Re: Directions to go to Garbharakshambikai temple

Thanks all of you, we will plan to go to temple possibly after 2months or so

6. hemasree

hemasree New IL'ite

hi i am from us.i read abt all the info u ladies have given abt garbharakshambighai.even we r tryin for a kid.i am also plannin to order the ghee from india.but i dont know how to get them.bcos in us there is no such thing called DD.so how do i send the money from here and get the ghee.pls help with this info.thank u in advance

7. malar_arasi

malar_arasi Silver IL'ite

Hello Smitha,

Hope you had a good darshan of Garbarakshambikai temple on weekend. I'll be going there sometime next month. Were u able to visit KARUVALARCHERI temple as well. Do share with me your experiences. Btw, Other ILites also feel free to help me with their experiences. I am also planning to do a search of other threads for more information.

Regards,
    Malar.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2008
  8. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Hi all

I used to tell some slokas almost daily, i started telling garbarakshambigai slokam just for 2 months, i conceived! Also i chanted her slokas throughout my pregnancy and she was the shield to both me and my baby!
    That goddess is really powerful, do chant her slokas with full of positive attitude that u will conceive and u will. God bless everyone and whoever wish to have baby will sure get soon :) Never lose hope! She is there!
    Take care :)
    Good luck

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  9. Prem.S

Prem.S Silver IL'ite

Hi PS99,

We (me & my DH) went to the Karparakshambigai temple last month, we were given the ghee prasad and was asked to take the ghee prasad for 48days in the night before going to bed. U should not take the prasad during your periods for 5days but your husband can continue taking the prasad. Hope this is clear.

Cheers,
    Prems

10. ps99

ps99 New IL'ite

Thanks Prems.. I am pretty clear now.