1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

New Home Decor

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by adisum, May 15, 2015.

1. anupama1

anupama1 Platinum IL'ite

Given a choice between granite and marble, granite is better choice because of its various colors and durability. I have observed that marble absorbs the colors like kumkum, tea stains etc. Vitrified tiles are okay but short lived glory.

2. preethuanu

preethuanu Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I also find tiles as the best option for flooring..that too go for light colored ones so that the room will feel more spacious. The problem with marbles is that they absorbs the color and remain stained. Granite is the best with durability and easy maintenance, but at a price. For kitchen its best to use granite. That too I feel pure black granite will give an elegant look for the kitchen.

For arranging, use minimal items for decor and choose walls rather than floor space for decorating/storage as you have small spaces. And its easy to clean when dusting/mopping. Use floating shelves to display items / to keep photo frames ,etc.

Make one wall a hightlight wall by painting one wall a different color or placing wall papers and keeping a signature piece like a painting or a big family photo or decorative mirror or something like that.

Lamps do add a flavour to the elegance...Floor lamps the best or table lamps or ceiling lamps. A nice coffee table will be good. Use cushions on sofa to color coordinate with the decor.

3. Willingham

Willingham Junior IL'ite

I don't know for what you have opted, but according to me granite is the best for home. You can clean them easily and they are durable as compare to regular tiles. New home decor ideas would be :
    1. Chandelier
    2. Door levers instead of knobs
    3. Vertical pallet gardening
    4. Turn your living room space into conversation pit
    5. Display your collection under the stairs
    6. Star gazing sunroof instead of normal ceiling

4. RobertReese

RobertReese New IL'ite

Many new ideas sparkle in our minds when we talk about home decor plans. We should also concentrate on the empty walls which can be made more beautiful by hanging paintings on them. You may shortlist many such ideas from the important sources available on the internet.

5. Willingham

Willingham Junior IL'ite

Mable tiles would be perfect for your countertop. Marble tiles are easy to clean and they are quite durable than tiles. So, if you are considering tiles for your kitchen, go for marbles. And, to enhance your living area, consider
    Big mirror with trendy frame
    Paintings
    Murals
    Indoor plants
    Rug
    Chandelier