1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Requesting Opinions

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by victory1, Jul 13, 2016.

1. LotusAura

LotusAura Gold IL'ite

So basically according to some posts, all of the kids with siblings are automatically better at sharing and caring just by virtue of having a sibling, as compared to kids without siblings. So basically it has nothing to do with the responsibility and quality of parenting, whether for one or more kids.

Spoiling/over-pampering has more to do with (lack of) responsible parenting than with whether or not they have siblings. I've encountered more cases of spoilt/ ill-mannered siblings with lack of sufficient parental attention where both parents were busy working to make ends meet to keep up a decent lifestyle and a good education for two kids than I have seen 'only' kids who suffered from a lack of sufficient parental attention and guidance. There is no wrong or right number of children, as long as parents do justice with their role & influence in their children's lives in the right way.

Values, love, caring, sharing and sensitivity all boils down to parenting and home environment, regardless of the number of children one has.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
    Sairindhri likes this.
  2. maroon

maroon Gold IL'ite

You are probably reading between lines. Building these traits can still have limitations as for most part it can only be theoretically explained with very little 'practical' exposure in the case of a single child. With a sibling it certainly would come more naturally as the two grow together in each others company throughout. And I am saying this after having seen and spoken at length (about parenting skills and personal experiences) to over a dozen 'very responsible and sensible' parents of teens.

3. songbird46

songbird46 Gold IL'ite

My siblings are not in touch with me, 2 are estranged.
    Childhood was fun-ish. We were forced to interact. Didn't know any better :grin:. But as adults, affection or rather involvement is lukewarm to nonexistent. I blame my dysfunctional parents, but my siblings' natures are also antisocial. A couple of other friends have similar issues.
    Siblings are a mixed blessing. It depends on how you bring them up : valuing family, learning to interact.
    In a dilemma like yours, the person having the doubts should be given the time to be convinced. You will naturally love your 2nd kid too and provide for all. Perhaps make do with fewer possessions, but good quality family life? You alone can decide that.
    All the best!

yellowmango and Sairindhri like this.
  4. samsWait

samsWait Silver IL'ite

To give you another perspective my friend is a single kid but he is the most kindest and caring soul. Great friend husband son and father.Competitive in studies career sports and creative. It also depends on how you bring up your kids.

songbird46 and Sairindhri like this.