1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Emotional/ Binge Eating And Its Consequences

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by sharmamonica, Jul 20, 2016.

1. sharmamonica

sharmamonica New IL'ite

My greetings to all..
    I have read various posts of you amazing ladies out here.. and I am an admirer of your writings.
    As this is my first post here, I am lit bit unsure about what I am going to share but I strongly feel I should. Even if the person going through this is me only.

I am a 30 year old, 5'4'' by height, dealing with the eating disorder now after the baby birth( 14 months).I am in a decent govt. job with good payoff.
    I have always had emotional eating problem, when ever I felt alone, I felt sad, unhappy, I used to eat for about half an hour continuously.. and it would really make me feel better. I have always weighed on higher side. But after pregnancy I weighed 84 kgs and off late I came down to 72 kgs. But suddenly I have started eating like a gluten again, eating 3 to 4 times of usual quantity. I make plan every morning to reduce weight, and within hours I'll break it. It is more of mental rather than physical barrier I feel, but I am not able to come out of it.
    SO I need your help. All those women who have lost weight and managed to keep it off, please tell me what motivates you to do so, and what I can do motivate my self.

Thanks

Monica

2. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Monica,

You are not alone. You can do this. What really helps to begin is just write down what you eat. So for the first week, just post every night before you go to bed everything that u have eaten. Don't be embarrassed, eventually you will stop eating as much because you will be accountable to us and it would help you with some will power. Every time you do eat make sure you are having lots of fiber and protein - this will keep you fuller for longer and avoid having a lot of simple carbs ( sugars and white flour made food).