1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Organising Toiletries

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by avni23, Jul 17, 2016.

1. avni23

avni23 New IL'ite

dear friends
    I am very fond of keeping my washroom spic and span especially I like seeing toiletries well organised and displayed neatly.i live in a rented apartment so cant get some wood work done. also since the number of members in family has increased (2 adults) so number of oducts in washroom has also increased so I find a mess arond every where.
    please suggest what all could be used to keep the space looking neat and clean.
    also someone suggest a good odonil k of thing to be used in washroom,bored of using odonil.tried using godrej air pocket its fragnance is good but doesnot last long

2. Willingham

Willingham Junior IL'ite

Here are the few tips that will help you to manage your toiletries:
    • Gather all your toiletries in one place (this includes those from all bathtubs/showers as well as any cupboards, drawers, and closets they may be in throughout your house)
    • Throw away any products that are expired or old
    • Throw away (or re-package) any items that are leaking
    • Relocate everything that doesn't belong with your toiletries
    • Combine partially used bottles of products that you want to keep using
    • Give away items that you have not used in over 6 months (or whatever time period is reasonable to you)
    • Donate items that you know you don't like (e.g. lotions that were gifts but you prefer a different brand). By the way, shelters are great places to donate toiletries!

avni23 likes this.
  3. sonal1611

sonal1611 Gold IL'ite

Keep items which U regularly use in bathroom like soap , shampoo , conditioner , facewash , tooth paste.

keep detergent powder in some container.

Dont keep unnecessary items in bathroom.

If u can get wiper/ plastic broom to clean bathroom floor, Use it once after everyone is done with bath.

Get Harpic bathroom cleaner ( if you are in India ) , Its really good product .

4. blessings1010

blessings1010 Gold IL'ite

Do you want to try keeping separate basket for each member's personal care products? Not sure if this will work in your home, but we keep a separate bathroom caddy (Like this one here) for cleaning supplies ( all purpose cleaner,toilet cleaner, glass cleaner etc), one for hubby ( his bathwash, loofah, shaving supplies) and one for me. When ILs visit us, they get their separate caddy as well. In the bathroom, we keep only necessary items for daily use. Hope it helps!

keethi likes this.
  5. avni23

avni23 New IL'ite

@blessings1010 thanks I Like the idea ,but then u store those caddies in almirah or something? Old people won't much like the idea as I have IL also staying with me .thou I can use them to put similar products together then .thanx

6. preethuanu

preethuanu Senior IL'ite

Hi avni,

You may use something of this kind (click here) in your bathroom, if you have space. Or something that you could put on a wall. And use the ones like this (click here) on those stands to put the like items together. Instead of those boxes, you could also use plastic containers to keep items. Also, you will need a glass jar to hold the tooth brushes and tooth paste. You can hang your cleaning brushes and wipers by putting nails/or sticky things on the wall, so that they will dry easily and it will be easy to clean the floor.

DRAGAN 2-piece bathroom set - - IKEA

RÖNNSKÄR Shelving unit - IKEA

keethi and avni23 like this.
  7. blessings1010

blessings1010 Gold IL'ite

@avni23, Yes putting similar items together is a good way to manage clutter.
    I generally store our (mine and Dh) baskets in the wooden cabinets under the sink. Majority of the year, we are the only ones using the bathroom. Caddies for ILs and guests are stored away from bathroom in a different place. When ILs or guests visit, they come out of storage. During that time, i like to keep my caddies in my room as I do not prefer to keep my personal care items in the shared bathroom. In our rental apartment, we avoid to put any shelves or wall storage.

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@avni23, depends a lot on keeping the bathroom dry. the caddies may not go well with il's and wooden trays and baskets may not be the solution if your bathroom can get wet with splashes unless you have a big space.

this is something i suggested to many friends here.. get a 5mm thick class of desired breadth and length and just get it installed with the help of two brackets like in the picture...it can hold all toletries. i have these shelves and they are easy to clean and no mold, no worries of wood rot or anything. and works cheap too.
    images (1).jpg images.jpg

9. Willingham

Willingham Junior IL'ite

Tips to organize toiletries
    • Gather all your toiletries in one place (this includes those from all bathtubs/showers as well as any cupboards, drawers, and closets they may be in throughout your house)
    • Throw away any products that are expired or old
    • Throw away (or re-package) any items that are leaking
    • Relocate everything that doesn't belong with your toiletries
    • Combine partially used bottles of products that you want to keep using
    • Give away items that you have not used in over 6 months (or whatever time period is reasonable to you)
    • Donate items that you know you don't like (e.g. lotions that were gifts but you prefer a different brand). By the way, shelters are great places to donate toiletries!