1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Pinnacle Of Intoxication – Part Ii

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by parineetha, Jul 15, 2016.

1. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

It didn’t seem like any another day!

The moment I opened my eyes, I knew…

As morning shines pearly light, imagine a sun-caressed room…the cool satin blue painted walls getting warm, the luscious white canopy bed coaxing for an extra dose of warmth, the breezy white-floral curtain canopies fluttering like giant butterflies in air, the hypnotic swinging of huge antique pendulum clock and its sonorous tick-tocks making a perfect harmony with the crystal chandelier wind chimes…with plenty of bells…gongs and teardrop jewels…Not just my senses, my spirits too wake up hearing these magical morning ragas.

I look up, I see the heavily ornate kathakali mask still smiling on the wall, but eyebrows twitched, nose crinkled..Ah! I doubt if the oil diffuser working on him too. The sensuous lemon grass perfume engulfs the entire room…so calming, I can’t stop smiling back at him.

While ‘Off’ goes my hand phone beeps at last, the twittering’s at my window sill gets even louder. My mynas, pigeons and bulbuls are on time for their piece of morning toast, off course butter smeared ones. My balcony soon turns into a living world full of babbling, whistling and chirping. The little fairies seem to love their company too, a pot of cyclamen flowers with blown back white petals are in full bloom. The Sweet, delicate smell of lovely flowers just fills the setting…my black stone Buddha is still seen meditating in all its serenity under the cyclamen plant.
    If someone who can’t contain her excitement at all, are the curious money plant shoots trying to peep out of the windows to get her early sunbath. The ever flowering lovely Portia tree (poovarasu, Indian tulip) has showered a yellow carpet of beautiful flowers all over my sit out and the busy humming bees hovering over every shinning flowers they see. Now, I for sure believe nature as the numinous realm, mysterious, awe-inspiring and fascinating it can be.

I can’t explain how healing it is to smell the aromas of choco tarts, vanilla muffins, oats cookies, apple crumble pies wafting through your windows. It’s that time of the day, Liza aunty in neighborhood is all out doing stuffs for her bakery tuck shop in a super market. When her baking pantry breathes out to my room, I can’t resist rushing to my windows to satiate my gastronomical sense of delight. Terry is already there perched on her Bay window, as if he’s so guarded of Aunty’s treats. With all my envy, jealousy & malice towards the four leggie, I stand there scrunching my face, still whiffing…deep though.
    Aunty soon shows up at the windows, I wave at her…she gives her usual ear to ear grin…I frantically try to shout ‘Lovely smell’ thinking she will lip read me...Nah! She can’t! I convince myself and signal a deep breath lifting and arching eye brows & faking as if long nose getting even longer…Huh! Difficult…I finally give up and signal ‘super’ with my hand mudra. She gets it…grins again (even bigger one this time)...and signals ‘Come Over’. Yea, I know she meant that only. Assuring a ‘Thumbs Up’ we wave back saying ‘Bye...Bye’.

What a start to a Friday morning? I learnt my lesson, When you appreciate small little things of life, feel grateful about the love you see all around, be assured that Life is always pretty amazing only when you have the time to look around you.
    Some days amaze me soo much that I’m completely baffled in the intricacies of life. With all the happy feel I get out to Pooja room to start my day. Soon, I light a diya and play my usual MP3 lists of songs. I vaguely remember hearing anything else other than the ‘Ganapathi Upanishad’ as the first one. But God knows, how and why, the room echoes the enchanting voice of MS Amma singing ‘Kurai Ondrum Illa’ (I have no regrets) casting her hypnotic spell on me. Completely mesmerized in the aura of mystical bliss and divine heaviness, I reach the pinnacle of Intoxication where realization fails me completely.

I simply can’t stop wondering at the ways the universe assures my beliefs.

Yes, absolutely as MS Subulaksmi sings…
    There is no grievance dear Krishna,
    I have no complaints whatsoever Govinda.

P.S - huh! what a way to start, typo in the title line...should be part II :facepalm:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016

2. StrangerLady

StrangerLady Gold IL'ite

very nice write up neetu, enjoyed very much

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
    parineetha likes this.
  3. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

What a start to a friday morning? Lovely write-up

parineetha likes this.
  4. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Reading your snippet I could smell the muffins,tarts,cookies etc. Splendid portrayal. 'Kurai Onrumeyillai maraimurthy kanna'.Good one.

Agatha83

parineetha likes this.
  5. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Neetu your narration is super.Blessed Friday

parineetha likes this.
  6. parineetha

Thanks a lot Mahavid :)

7. parineetha

Thank u so much lakshmi ☺

jskls likes this.
  8. parineetha

I know..the smell of tarts n cookies on any day is divine ☺
    Thanks for reading.

9. parineetha

Thanks a lot ma. So encouraging to hear from you :)

10. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

what an explanation - I never believed when people said "vaayila vada sudarathu" (make vada in the mouth) - you are the one neetu :)

managed to get free bakes n cakes haan :)

parineetha likes this.