1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

For a Fitter and Better Me

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by chillbreeze, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Purnaraj19

Purnaraj19 Silver IL'ite

:crybaby2::crybaby2::crybaby2::BangHead:@chillbreeze @BDivya @PriyaSrini and all the other ladies on this forum, a big hello:hello:

How have you been!

It's really nice to see you all posting updates.
    I'm sorry I haven't been around. Ever since my India trip I've been busy with one thing or the other.
    Which also led to a weight gain of 5kgs:crybaby2:
    My last weight loss was end of Jan(67kg)
    It was too difficult to stay on track in India , everywhere you turn there's food, literally!
    Even in the bedroom,there's some kind of snacks, and the people who shower their love with food(bless them!)
    I'm partly to blame,somehow this thought " it's going to be a long time I'll be back, so let me have this biryani, let me have this jamun " and so was the list of unpardonable calories.
    I ended up not fitting into clothes that I bought during the shopping I did the first week of my trip:crybaby2:
    After coming back, the "I miss my mom, I miss my home" feeling was very well substituted by plentiful carbs, cakes, pizza and endless takeaway.
    The worst thing was I haven't stepped into McDonald's for the past four years, stayed clean, but was tempted twice to buy food there(worstu)
    Enough was enough last week of May, as the weight was slowly creeping up to 72 and I didn't want to end up at 80 like before.
    So from then on, back on track, followed strict diet and exercise,it's almost first week of July, now have lost 2.5kgs, at 69.5 now:banana:
    Now that summer is in full bloom, hoping to lose 12 kgs more before Christmas (2kg/month) fingers crossed.

I try to drink protein shakes to stay away from snacks and junk.
    Also I've included nuts and granola bars.
    Good luck to everyone on this thread!
    Let's burst those stubborn pounds:thumbup:

chillbreeze likes this.
  2. chillbreeze

chillbreeze Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Wow Purna long time..glad to have you back:cheer:. Its inspiring that you took matters into your hand once you realized and have started losing weight. I have had some setbacks health wise, so its not possible for me to maintain a strict diet/exercise regime but I have managed to remain at the same weight. I am in those special days of the month now. Will be back here from tuesday.

Lets join hands and get fitter...

3. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

wow thats really an inspiration purna:):) can u share ur strict diet and excersies so tht we also can benefit out of it????? :):)

4. chillbreeze

So here I am again..went to doc today and she said I really have to lose some weight..at least 4-5 kgs in next 2 months. Had some guests over who brought some of my favorite snacks (fried) and now I would feel rude to waste it and also as I like it I would end up eating it. So apart from those snacks which might last for 3-4 days, I will start following a healthy diet and will start posting here again from tomorrow.

Sometime back we had a soup dinner challenge thread. I want to try something similar again, have soup/porridge for one meal. Let me try and see if I can do it.

BDivya likes this.
  5. chillbreeze

12/7
    1 tsp amla juice
    Bf: Urad dal kanji (first time I tried it, was little hesitant but the porridge was yummy and super healthy too)
    Lunch: Rice, broccoli curry
    Evening: Tea, potato chips
    Dinner: 3 rotis + broccoli curry

30 mins stretching exercises.

6. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

guys, include me in. I have been unsuccessfully trying to lose weight. I have not started controlling my food yet. I run for about 20 mins on treadmill everyday at speed of 6.5. Two days a week I have dance classes so one hour of the class just exhausts me completely.

The point is I have been doing this for the past 3-4 months but still no weight loss. Guess its my no-restriction policy for food. I want to remedy that and start being healthy. I am still planning on diet but not sure what to include.

I currently weigh 76kgs. I want to go down at least 10 kgs.

You guys have inspired me...I will plan my diet today!!!

Yeah...challenge taken!!! Weightloss, here I come!

7. chillbreeze

Hi @beautifullife30 I like your username so much. Welcome to our thread..do post your updates regularly. Food restriction is my weakness too and also lazy/painful to exercise at times.

My log for yesterday:
    Food
    1 tsp amla juice
    3 rotis with tomato gravy
    Rice, fish curry, rasam
    Tea, corn
    Dosa, tomato gravy

Exercise: 30 mins of my physio exercises

beautifullife30 likes this.
  8. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

Hi chillbreeze, thanks for the warm welcome. Am yet to go on a diet. There was a functionin my house so with all the sweets and savouries its seeming impossible. I am so focused on finishing those off first and then start.

Can't resist tasty food!!!

9. chillbreeze

Aww..I understand too well..I too still have some fried snacks left.

14/7
    1 tsp amla juice
    Dosa with coconut chutney
    Vangibhat and boiled egg
    1 cup tea, peanuts
    3 dosas with chutney

Exercise: 2 miles LS walk, 30 mins physio

15/7
    1 cup tea
    Wheat upma
    Rice + rasam + fryums
    1 cup tea, snacks
    Idlis + sambar

Exercise: 15 mins cardio, 30 mins physio

16/7
    1 cup milk
    Maggie
    1 tsp amla juice
    Rice, horsegram thuvaiyal, rasam and kovaikaai poriyal
    1 egg puff
    1 cup tea
    Night it will be moong dhal dosas with coconut chutney

Exercise: 1 mile LS walk done, planning to complete another 10-15mins of cardio and 30 mins of stretching later

10. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

my log for today:
    --------------------
    bf: multi grain kanji and cucmber-1
    mid: coffee
    lunch:rice,vathakuzhambhu, potato curry with only 2 spoons of oil & buttermilk
    eve: hope to eat non-junky like peanuts/dosa and coffee
    dinner: planning to make rava upma

planning to walk for 15/20 mins after lunch..

chillbreeze likes this.