1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Right Choice

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by iyerviji, Jul 1, 2016.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I dont know how many will agree with what I hve posted here because I am from the older generation, young at heart and can understand the youngsters feelings to some extent .When I thught of posting this thread just now read a memory shared by my son . I think many of you can understand hindi

Mai woh sach hoon jise tu bardaash karne ki koshish kar raha hai. Mai woh jhoot jisse tujhe mohabbat ho gayi hai. Mai woh khauf hoon jo tere dil mai bass gaya hai. Mai woh ummeed hoon jo ab bhi tere dil mai zinda hai. Mai woh andhera hoon jo din ki roshni mai bhi tere saath hai. Mai woh roshni hoon jiski tujhe talaash hai. Mai pyar bhi hoon nafrat bhi hoon. Mai sach bhi hoon mai jhoot bhi hoon. Mai kuch bhi nahi par mai sab kuch bhi hoon. Mai woh sach hoon jo tum sunna nahi chahte. Mai woh jhoot hoon jiski tumko aadat padh chuki hai. Mai woh bhool hoon jisko tum bhula nahi paoge. Mai hoon....

God decides the jodis. Thats why in some cases the match does not agree and go for another match. Now a days there are so many cases where after engagement the marriage is cancelled. IN some cases after marriage they dont agree and cant adjust and there is divorce. In some cases the parents start thelookout for marriage alliance when their daughters are 25 years but the daughters dont get their choice and in some cases they dont get married. One relative of mine was the same cases , now she is 44 yrs old not married but since she has not brothers she looks after her parents like a son and is in the top most post in a bank. She tells her mother when ever you pray for me I get promotion in my job but not in my life. She is happy as she is . Her sister is married and having a son and he is very much attached to her than his mother. So she is happy with her job and living in parent's house. But when parents get old and they are no more she might feel lonely. time only will say about that.

There are people in this present age live with their husband though they have misunderstandings but still adjust as they dont want to go back to their mother's place and make them unhappy.

Relationships are like stapler pins. Easy to attach, but very hard to detach. And even if th epin is removed , it always leaves its mark.

Satisfied life is better than successful life. Because success is measured by others but satisfaction is measured by our own hear.t

In my case also when young I used to think whether God has given me the right choice because we were different from each other. But as I grew older I felt God has given me the right choice and a gem of a person . I take only his positive and try to adjust , so I am satisfied in life . . He does lot of punya which will come with us .

Relationships cannot be made with mood and conditions
    they have to be maintained by feelings
    So never make life as a deal but live it with a great feel

2. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Viji ma,
    You know I strictly ration my online time and posts these days which frees up my time for a lot more fun in the real world. But wanted to post and let you know this is a great thread that shows the importance of adjustments in real life couples and necessity to improve tolerance. Most of your threads are real life ones, and never 'up there in the clouds' ones. Thank you for that.

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

First of all Ragini dear thank you for your first feedback and you brought a smile on my face with you rfeedback that this is a great thread which I never expected. I thought there will be negative feedbacks and to get your first feedback such a loving one made me very happy. Thank you dear for making my day with your first feedback and for taking time to give feedback in your busy schedule

4. LotusAura

LotusAura Gold IL'ite

You are absolutely right Ms Viji. I am much younger than you, but I belong to the same school of thought. Adjustments (reasonable ones) from both partners come with the territory of love and marriage. I wouldn't believe someone who says they have a perfect marriage without having made any adjustments whatsoever. Ironically it is often people who are so rigid in their belief of not compromising that often hit choppy waters in their marriage.

P.S. Adjusting with different people, families, environments is an art that needs to be inculcated in children, BOTH boys and girls, from a very young age, along with civility and good manners. These are traits that are hard to learn at a later age and their lack is a leading source of acrimony and anguish in life ahead, whether married or otherwise.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  5. charanya147

charanya147 Silver IL'ite

Kudos Aunty,
    Well written..... Adjustment is the base of life..... Nowadays younger generation wants to see only success...... They are even afraid to speak about failure........... Thats why crime rate is increasing as they wish to achieve what they like by criminal way............ So adjustment and patience is needed not only in married life, even for normal living.....

Poetlatha and iyerviji like this.
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Glad to know though you are younger than me you belong to the same school ofthought. YOu are right children shold be taught about adjustment , good manners in young age only.

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thank you dear for expressing your views

8. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Ouch Viji! Why not use paperclips? :)

j/k... Indeed, satisfaction is more valuable than success. And believing in that is not settling for less.

Itsmylife143 and iyerviji like this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Rihana dear I was thinking how come you have not come here. Not a bad idea to use paperclips. Thanks for your feedback dear

Rihana likes this.
  10. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I was a bit late as I was googling the Indian term for paperclips. Couldn't find it. We used to call it jump or jumper pins. We had this magnetic-holder.. on top was cushion for pins, and bottom had magnet for paper clips. It used to be in top shelf of wall-shelf, along with beautiful glass paperweight, paper-knife, good pencils, onion paper, and postal stationery.

Amica and iyerviji like this.