Allergic to Metformin

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by neets, Feb 11, 2011.

1. neets

neets Silver IL'ite

thanks meetu and vasumathy and all others for the info:)

i did take the tablet once again just to confirm and with just one tablet i got pretty bad hives and it took 2 tablets of bendrayl to treat that.:(
    finally my doc said dont take it,i now haven a sugar checking kit.And Guess what my diabetic nurse said,she made me feel better,said "who told you are diabetic?,you are not ,you just have a his risk of having one or pre diabetic" .
    My numbers went down ,my south beach diet and 30 min elliptical helped me.its normal now so they decided not to prescribe anything.That's Good NEws for me!!
    BUt i am kindof worried about my pcos,i dont know how bad it is..:bonk
    what are pcos medications..? Glycomet i guess?
    Has anyone conceived without any of the medication and with pcos?
    Is Medicine really necessary ?i have heard that metformin helps in regulating the periods and kicking off the ovulation,so i am sort of worried that i dont have medicines for pcos :drowning
    Actually i visited RE because of highly irregular periods and i was not able to find my ovulation days.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Neets,
    It depends on your age, your BMI, condition of pcos, hormone balance, reproductive organ's contions & various other factors... PCOS can be cured with proper diet & exercise too. These may take some long time compared to those medical support. I was on Metformin/Glycomet for almost 2 years, then with only diet control & exercise(Only fast walking). I could maintain my weight though i couldn't achieve dream, it helps me to keep in fit & keep me in some good shape!
    When your BMI turns good, no other troubles with reproductive organs, it may be possible to conceive on naturally without medication.
    Hope this helps... Take care.

3. Shirli

Shirli New IL'ite

Hi i need some information regarding Metaformin since i also started breaking out in skin and red color bumps specially on my legs during night after starting Metaformin. They do go away during day time or atleast try to.I am taking 500mg twice a day.
    Can you please let me know was it same with you like bumps mostly on legs area which tends to become normal during day time?

Thanks

4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Have a word with your doc on these side effects. Some tines change of dose or slightly different meds might help you.
    All the best.