1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need Suggestions Confused!!!

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by sruthiravi01, Jun 21, 2016.

1. sruthiravi01

sruthiravi01 New IL'ite

this is my continuation of previous post...Feel Depressed!!! Need Help It has been 6 months after my previous post... With kid i managed 4 months by keeping mom with me. Last one and half months i managed With my mil with me. Life was tough as i hav to do all the household chores with mere help from her. My husband dont even enter kitchen as he is scared of his mom. My SIL and her kid came for 1 month. My SIL also wont do any work as she is a guest here and came for vacation according to my MIL. She care about her daughter and son like anything. If they do any wrk they will become tired And she will do it for them. as they have tight work schedule. and me she dont even consider as human i think. So frustating it was.My husband consoled me that it is jus few months after that lets get a full time maid. So as he said i managed myself all house work. In work place i managed to leave early some how.
    She had issue with me for each and everything. When we get up in the mrng i drink milk, my hubby eats banana. This is how we are. But she created a big issue that i dont give him milk also. And i jus eat alone and dont take care of him and i have to force him and give milk if he reject as he takes care of her son. I should also do the same.
    And in weekends ome day i slept till my baby sleeps. For this once she shouted at me very badly. My husband was jus keeping silent in front of her. Then he was asking to me cant u get up early and work until she is here. U cant even manage my family for 2 months. And i'm always lazy, this and that. Then i felt so humiliated and burst out.
    I dint think abt consequences. Jus told him that no one can live with u i'm moving my parents place. Think that i'm unfit to ur family or watever. I'm moving out. First he said, tell this to ur parents and let them decide. This is very big decision. U will suffer all alone. Life will be very difficult. But i was very firm told that i'm leaving and i can manage everything.
    Then after some time he came back to me and told they are all extended family members. We both are one family. These probelms are common in all marriages. But husband and wife love and understanding will win all these problems easily. After they all leave it will be just u and me everything will be in place. I'm always good to u. Think for sometime and then decide. He himself told that i hide financial details from u. But thats because i plan buying a house for us. I'm saving for that. And i want to keep this as a surprise to u. Because i love u so much.
    I dint reply to him anything. But was convinced as i was also scared of the consequences.
    Mil suddenly told she is not well and wanted to leave india and will keep the baby in India with her 2 months and send her back to me after that. Because my mil misses her so much but cannot stay with us. First i opposed to my hubby that i cannot be without my baby. Lets plan for day care. But he never listened to me and fought with me very badly that i dont trust his mom. I cried very badly and thought will leave job but was scared to do that. without any choice i left as i dnt want to leave my job and i thought i will get a maid quickly and get my kid back whoever opposes i dont care. But after 5 days in india she told my husband that she cant take care of my kid as she is very naughty. Then i asked my parents to take care of her for a month. In the mean time i can arrange a full time maid. My mom cannot come here always as my dad still working and my dad has already managed a lot for me from i was preganant my mom visited me frequently. but they are fine if i leave kid there. My kid is also fine there. But i miss her very badly. I know that she will also miss me. Now my mother in law if i call her also she dont even pick the call says to my husband that she is not well thatsy i cannot pick her call.But to my husband she is chatting continuosly. Saying she miss my husband and my kid blah, blah, blah.. My husband beleives her so much and start feeling for her. And i clearly know that my mil is just creating a drama. She might not feel well but it is not that bad as she tells to him.
    Now i want suggestions to handle:
    1. Keeping maid and taking care of my kid. But scared of they will take care of my kid. I feel like quitting my job and taking care of my kid. Confused to do that.
    2. Again my husband says he is also scared of maids. So he suggests that let kid be in ur mom place for 2 months and then in his moms place for 2 months as his mom misses her and then we can keep a maid. But how can i explain it to my husband that my mil may have care to my kid but she really dont want to take care of her. As she has taken care of her jus this one and half months from i was pregnant. When i was preganant she came for 15 days then she left saying she got heart attack. But nothing happened like that. i want my husband to understand this as he beleives her so badly.
    3. As i got suggestions from my previous post i dont want to spend on expenses on day to day as my husband keeps his saving as a secret. And sometimes even for my personal expenses i get it from my husband. My husband was fine for this till my mil came. Now he keeps pestering me for money and i have to spend for the family. He told to me that his mom has suggested to him that i ll never get responsibility towards family. So as a dutiful son he follows that and asks for money. And he says that he is in a tough situation financially. As a wife i need to help him.

I need help from u all how should i handle this. I feel very guilty leaving my kid and leaving.

2. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

@sruthiravi01
    I can completely relate to your post. Because I see my husband/mil/sil in there every bit.
    My suggestion- don't let your kid be with in- laws. NO matter what. Please don't do it. Unfortunately, for all the elders ego/ insecurities children will become pawns. Parents can not be replaced by grandparents.
    Can you look into day care option? Even the child can socialize, make friends and be independent.

3. Lxcxxz

Lxcxxz Senior IL'ite

I don't understand this craze against daycare. It really is beneficial for both children and working parents, and is surely better and healthier for child than to be raised by elderly grandparents away from mum/dad?

JGVR and inboxsweetee like this.
  4. Lxcxxz

Lxcxxz Senior IL'ite

Your husband is right. You should contribute to the house if you are working and aren't responsible for the day to day bills. I spend my salary on day to day bills (and dh's expenses), so my husband saves 100 % of his income into a joint savings account which we'll sometimes dip into for family expenses. I didn't have to ask him to do this, he just understood. If we have kids his money will go towards daycare/kids etc.

5. anahita5

anahita5 Gold IL'ite

he is not giving you many options. guilt him about his mom's health and how they are old and should not work too hard, applies to your mom to and then send kid to day care. how old is she ? if you are not comfortable ask for maid at your mom's place so she can monitor her. don't say anything against your MIL or sravan kumar will get mad..