1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How Marriage And Relationship Problem Has Made Me A Better Person

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Vaniquest, Jun 16, 2016.

1. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

@Vaniquest
    Thanks for sharing your experience! It is very inspiring.

Vaniquest likes this.
  2. type2

type2 Silver IL'ite

omg Vani... you truly inspired me. this post will inspire a lot of ladies like me. thanks a tonne for sharing ur life experience here. i've become a huge fan of urs :) u are a living proof that there is a way if there's will.
    every word is awesome. My favorite lines are:
    Marriage is not a destination
    it is not about money. I can never imagine a life without work
    After endless hours of work, the other site didn’t work. But I didn’t lose hope. I learned many things.
    My in-laws don’t help and I don't want them to help. I take care of my two kids with lots of happiness. It brings me more joy than ever. I am their father and mother.
    don’t quit on anything that defines your identity
    quit the job if needed but not the career
    Don’t lose your identity and live

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
    VaniVyas and Vaniquest like this.
  3. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Character etc what you wrote is fine.
    @Jazmine83 but what has "looking at wedding pics", and "who is handsome/ who is pretty" got anything to do with anything? The guy may be handsome and a total jerk, or look average/below average but very good hearted. One has no connection to the other.

4. superwoman09

superwoman09 Gold IL'ite

@Vaniquest

Yes compromises are made based on situations and hopes of the future which one has. Glad that you were still able to come around and gain your ground inspite of the drawbacks. I have seen many women lose their careers, their faith and turn into a bitter person but never questioning ILs rules nor working their way around it. Kudos to you for being able to achieve that.

KashmirFlower, Rihana and Vaniquest like this.
  5. maroon

maroon Gold IL'ite

Congratulations Vani. You are a winner. Your kids will be proud of you one day.

Vaniquest and KashmirFlower like this.
  6. Rose03

Rose03 Senior IL'ite

Wow Vani you inspired me .. my fav lines are "If you have the WILL you can do anything. Marriage is not a destination. Please don’t let it derail your aspirations." and "Even now, I am struggling with plenty of family issues. But I seriously don’t care about it anymore. For me, whining and wallowing in family problems is making me lose my character, attitude and mind"

Yes many of us would go thru it where we lose our identity , attitude and character because of family issues. which i am going thru for the last 3 years.

ur post is an apt read for me. very much inspired, yes i should take wake up and work hard to acheive in my life and have our own identity.

once they grow up, sure ur kids are proud of u ..

Vaniquest likes this.
  7. Jazmine83

Jazmine83 Gold IL'ite

what you are saying is in in ideal world..where look, caste, income has no affect on spouse selection. I am against caste system.. and in my family we have so many intercase marriages including SC/ST. But no denying that people look at this in marriage market

In reality they play a role and we cannot sugar quote it. A guy can be very nice but if he weighs 300lbs, I am not marrying him.

I agree look has no connection to character. But you cannot disagree that looks do play a role in selecting spouse.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
    KashmirFlower likes this.
  8. blessings1010

blessings1010 Gold IL'ite

-----------------------

You are an inspiration to all of us Vani. I agree 100% Marriage is not a destination. Please don’t let it derail your aspirations. In so many Indian families ( I think few non-indian families too), ILs and other family members make life so difficult for women who have had excellent career/ life before marriage. I do not understand why? They would love to support their own daughters but when it comes to DIL's, they are absolutely opposite. Anyway, as you mentioned, we work hard to build our identity in the work fields, why let others derail our aspirations? Kudos to you. Please keep it up.

Vaniquest likes this.
  9. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

@Jazmine83 you need not select him, and you need not marry him. But someone else may think his personality and character are more important than his looks. So, perhaps they go beyond the superficial when they decide. I am not saying who you should select - just that perhaps she (whoever in pic of the wedding) went beyond the superficial when she married him (and vice versa when the guy looks good, and the girl average - those happen too).

vaidehi71 likes this.
  10. harinideep

harinideep Gold IL'ite

Hey yest i saw 36 vayadhinalae movie ( how old are you in malayalam) . you have done exactly same thing . i pray god that ur hubby realizes your worth in the same way tgat the hero realizes heroines worth in that movie . i will sincerely pray for you .
    You are a super woman and your site is awesome . your site has inspiring advices . i loved it

Vaniquest likes this.