Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. harinikanthi

harinikanthi Silver IL'ite

hi chitvish its me again
    i tried so many recipes of u in the past month.just now tried rasagulla and got it perfect.so quickly came here to thank u.this is the first time i am trying rasgulla.when i opened the pressure cooker was very excited to see the gundu gundu rasgulla doubled in size.ayyo chance a illa.love u chitvish.:blush::banana:

with love
    Harini.

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

I am so happy to read your Feedback!! Follow the nuances without fail to get successful results. Thanks.

3. harinikanthi

hi chitvish just now tried elai adai.it came out well.but the layer was little bit dry.i dont know why?u have told in a post that we can use idiappam flour to make a soft dough and pat thin in the banana leaf.it came out soft and good.thank u for the recipe .every one liked it very much.
    i prepared chakka varatti yesterday so i used ur second recipe for the filling.my dd who doesnt it like sweets had three.
    i tried even on a butter paper and steamed it.but i cant peel it.i greased with oil before patting the dough. i just tried this way even though i get banana leaf.i dont know what went wrong?only sad thing is i didnt have any adai to eat but had chakka varatty alone.but i am happy that everyone liked it.the quantity of filling gave me 8 adais.is it ok? thank u for everything.
    with love,
    Harini.

4. harinikanthi

hi chitvish, in askchitvish only receipe index links are working.other than that links to all recipes,AtoZ links, or if any links r given in the recipe for sbs also not working.everything leads to community central page.it is little bit difficult for me to choose from recipe index.if i use the search indusladies option,i have to type the correct spelling of the recipe.otherwise i am not getting the recipes.sorry for troubling u.
    with love,
    Harini.

5. harinikanthi

hi chitvish, today i tried no oil baked groundnuts came out well.very simple and tasty.last week tried masoordal sadam easy to cook and tasty too.kothamalli sadam awesome. good intake of greens this way.thank u for the recipes.
    with love,
    Harini.:relaxed:

6. luvsuksam

luvsuksam Senior IL'ite

Madam,
    I'm new on this forum and site , so excuse me if this is a wrong place to ask you this. I need the recipe for Kahlua cake . I'll be happy to hear from you. Thanks,

7. KavyaKMV

KavyaKMV New IL'ite

I am looking to buy a mixer for making chutney and idli batter. Would like to know where I can get a good one at a reasonable price. I would prefer to buy one that's compatible with US electrical ports and not in favour of using an adapter.

8. vijayaramesh

vijayaramesh New IL'ite

Dear Chitra mam, Namasmaranas. I had joined the group in 2014 , but I wasn't active. Now I have gone through your forums. Simply superb especially the recipes and shlokas. I want to add one more recipe which I tried and came out very well. Beetroot halwa: Ingredients required: beetroot, palm jaggery, cardamoms, 2 or3walnuts , raisins( Iam using only palm jaggery which even diabetics can eat) peel the beetroots and pressure cook for 2or3 w whistles till beetroot is soft. Allow to cool, grind soft. Meanwhile fry the raisins in 1tspghee.keep aside. Add the beetroots paste to a kadai and fry till the water evaporates. Add powdered palm jaggery, cook till u get jam like consistency. Now add walnuts broken to pieces , raisins 2 tbsp ghee and cook till it leaves the sides and the ghee separates. Allow to cool.Thiscan be had to increase the hemoglobin levels.

9. vijayaramesh

vijayaramesh New IL'ite

U can try the same recipe with gajar carrot or papaya and can check your hemoglobin levels after about fortnight

10. sangeetha1982

sangeetha1982 Bronze IL'ite

@Chitvish Ma'am. I tried your vegetarian kabab yesterday. The kids absolutely loved it. I shallow fried it like you suggested. Next time I make it, I want to try and bake it. It was super delicious! Thank you!