1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

ARTEMIS FOWL - no kidding !

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by Manjureddy, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamla,

You can't mention Darcy on Valentine's Day and expect me to retreat a la Jane into a corner with my embroidery, all prim and propah! As a teenager,I loved Darcy, I would have married him had he been a flesh and blood guy. And when Pride and Prejudice was made in Hindi as a TV serial and aired on sudays on DD( what else was there in those days), I loved Tarun Dhanrajgir who played Darcy.

Times change,women dont. I still like Darcy. I love Ramji!!

L
    Vidya

2. Malini S

Malini S New IL'ite

Dear Vidya,

YOU have brought back memories of those DD days. We would even watch sunday afternoon regional movies with subtitles.:mrgreen:

Malini:wave

3. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Kamla,

Yes you have indeed brought back memories by mentioning Darcy!. V24, i remember the good old dd days when they used to show the serial, but cannot recall the guy whole played Darcy's face. ( the only faces that stay with me are the 3 men in my life:) )

Vandhana

4. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Vandhana,

Fair enough! Some faces are meant to stay,some to fade. My affection for Darcy and Tarun Dhanrajgir are all in past tense. As I wrote,I like Darcy,I love Ramji! Happy Valentine's Day!

regards
    V24

5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Agreed Vidya, it must be Ramji now:) Have a great Valentine, both of you.

With these sweet thoughts in mind, I am sure all of us will make the best of Valentine and other days too. Love rules...blind love or even blinded short sighted love (reference: Vidyasarada's post elsewhere!!)

As for dd's serial, I was not in India and have never seen it. Must have been good.
    Having said that, now you can imagine what face energises in my mind at the thought of Darcy:))

L, Kamla

6. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

V24,

Just praising your memory power. :2thumbsup: All i can recall from TV /movies these days is Thomas the tank engine and Ligthning Mcqueen from Cars:oops: ( how unromantic:cry: )

Vandhana

7. vidyasarada

vidyasarada Senior IL'ite

Hi All
    Darcy was completely and for ever spoiled for me after seeing that abomination called "Bride and Prejudice" a crossover movie with a listless Aishwarya Rai and somebdody looking scarily like a tired immigration officer playing Darcy.

Darcy aside, I used to sigh over Rhett Butler - but that's graduating too far from kiddie lit.
    VS

8. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

VS,

Rhett Butler, Ooh yes :2thumbsup: , Oh how I remember reading Gone with the wind in one straight stretch and then cried for days on end !!!! And Yes we are graduating but i do think Clark Gable did a great job in that role.

Ok Ladies, I think i am going to start a new " room" as VS says in the games forum for all voicing all of our most favorite romantic character from books. !!
    What say everyone?

Vandhana

Last edited: Feb 14, 2007
  9. vidyasarada

vidyasarada Senior IL'ite