Pcos & The Daily Emotional Roller Coaster

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by ashwinim3006, Jun 8, 2016.

1. ashwinim3006

ashwinim3006 Gold IL'ite

Tha
    Thank u agony :) stress is main factor even i feel. But its unavoidable @ tyms. Both professional n familial pressure. AmAm torn apart sumtyms. Dh supports me but now even ppl have started askinasking him about baby. Ppl r so much interested in others life widout knowing wats really happening with us. Frankly speaking sumtyms we r so tired dat v avoid IC n jz talk professional things n go to sleep. I have literally lost interest in that. V go out every 3 months. V r more of friends than a couple. He loves me lot bubut i feel guilty about not making him happy in these aspects :(

2. iliketotravel

iliketotravel Bronze IL'ite

@ashwinim3006 ,

I am in the same boat. So my friend.. i hear you. PCOS is something that does not have a medicine to cure it..to be exact. I am just saying it even though you know it. There are some good articles on PCOS diet , research them and try to follow. Obviously there is weight control thing, which you are already doing. You are doing all the right things. Keep your body and mind healthy with positive thoughts. Baby will happen when it is supposed to happen. The more stress you take, more are the chances of process going against us. I have had 2 cycles of IUI, 2 cycles of IVF, all failed. Infertilty unexplained. Its all a gamble. As they say, the chances of getting pregnant with IUI is 18-20% and with IVF it is 50-50%. We are on a difficult path and we need courage to get over it. you are already stressed with the failed cycles, don't add another stress of what will people think,what i need to answer them. I know its really hard to ignore, but try hard. I say this to myself every single time, and i am working on it . Some stress reliever would be to share it with your parents, and inlaws if they are co-operative to you. else just say, you want to finish your studies first.

Have lot of sex just for fun, don't keep a plan for it. Have it daily if possible. This journey will bond you and your husband better.

If anyone asks you tell them that you are not interested in kids yet, will think about it when you are ready,Underneath, do your thing. I observed the more you show reaction to the question, the more you will get these kinds of questions. People should mind their own business, but that rarely happens. Trust me, when people as those insensitive questions they have no emotional connect, to ask that question, unless its your parents. this question is as common as asking, what did you have for lunch :) . So easy my dear.

Baby dust to both of us. It will happen pretty soon. Just keep doing what you are doing, and you are doing great.

Hugs and wishes to you.

Aishuvino and ashwinim3006 like this.
  3. ashwinim3006

ashwinim3006 Gold IL'ite

Thank u so so much. I feel optimistic now. Thanks for boosting me. I dono who u all are on dis forum n where r u from but i believe u all were sent as angels for me straight from heaven. Baby dust to u too. :) :)

4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Aswini,
    The reason for your delay with conception is mainly stress. Try to come out of it. Stress spoils all your attempts. It disturbs the hormone balance and eventually everything collapses. We had break for 2+ years and that gave a good relief to dh and sperm conditions improved a lot. After that only our ivf attempt succeeded.

For few months don't bother about anyone and their comments. Do whichever you like. Just focus on weight loss in healthy way. Eat less carbo, balance it with more veg and fruits.
    Try to be positive and strong. Things will fall in place.

Baby dust to you.

Agony and ashwinim3006 like this.
  5. ashwinim3006

ashwinim3006 Gold IL'ite

Ty vasumathy. Dats wat am trying to do right now. Doc has planned another 2 cycles of iui aftr 3 mnths. Until then am on medications n diet. Am juz too anxious i guess, i have seen my own age-group frenz not even bothered about conception n thngs but am into it since 2 yrs coz i knew it may take longer for me since am pcos. D family pressure is lot there, i have other kids @ home n wenever i c them i juz get those emotions of not having my own. Hope all ur words n blessings make me get calmer. I feel much better now coz i have a new family of mine on IL. Thank u everyone :) Hugs :hearteyes::kissingheart:

Agony likes this.
  6. Vasumathy

I had my SIL kid in my initial years of TTC. I saw him grow.. He used to play in our bedroom, rearrange all my stuffs.. He became close to me in time. Just treat those kids as blessings to keep away your stress. Just play with them without thinking about your own troubles.. You will get your chance to play with your own kid, then you might not get the opportunity to play with those kids.
    Live in your own happy world for the 3 months. Have sex without demand, base it on love and affection; not on TTC.
    Take care of yourself. Things will fall in place one fine day.

Agony likes this.
  7. ashwinim3006

ashwinim3006 Gold IL'ite

Same thing.. I have my BIL's kids as i told earlier it is a joint family. I was bonded with the elder one a lot as u briefed . But once dey had their second one( v had jz begun planning ours) dat kid stopped coming to us now within an year am a stranger to her. Kids r not mean minded but i dono whether she was taught by her mother not to go to me, dat treatment hurt me deeply. I dono y dey treat me like dat or wat harm i will do to their kids. :cry: My MIL doesn undunderstand dat n keeps telling mme if i take care of others kids il conceive soon. I did more than wat i will be doing for my own baby i suppose, still dis treatment :frowning::cry::coldsweat:

8. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

I myself has Pcos and hypothroidism since my teen years.My periods were irregular and for 3 years before marriage i had to induce my periods through tablets.I underwent a strict weight loss and diet regime and now mom to two kids.

Here are my two cents based on my experience

Focus on one thing at a time.Have a time frame,say for first 6 months,focus only on eating healthy every day,doing exercise every day and getting your periods on time and tracking your ovulation.

Remember,eating healthy and doing exercise should be the life long goal for a person with pcos-because pcos continues even after pregnancy.

By the time your weight loss goal is reached you may also become pregnant.

Since you are in your final year of studies,focus on your studies first and get it completed-that will give you a lot of confidence.Have a time frame so you know that your life is under control.

Do some meditation,yoga,evening walks to de-stress yourself.

Since you are a doctor,you would know about a balanced diet-1 cup salad,1 cup dal,3/4 cup brown rice/oats/quinoa/2 roti,1 cup dry subzi,1/4 cup protein like paneer/nuts/boiled legumes/greek yogurt/egg.

Try to follow a standard diet every day so that there are no spikes in sugar levels.Have your entire day menu planned so that you can have a control on your eating habits no matter what.

Have a protein rich breakfast as it helps to regulate blood sugar level throughout the day.

Also try including teas like cinnamon tea,spearmint tea which helps to balance hormones and induce ovulation.

Also try acupuncture,i felt relaxed when i underwent those sessions and the doctor told me that it helps to increase the success rates with IVF/IUI-but i don't have any personal experience on that.

Good luck on your journey.

ashwinim3006 likes this.
  9. ashwinim3006

ashwinim3006 Gold IL'ite

Thank u so much for ur tips
    Will definitely implement it. :relaxed:

10. Vasumathy

Life has to move on whatever happens.. As the kids grow elders talks will pollute the kids. Can't help in that. When you get tour own, you won't get time for all these non sense. Forget about mil comments. They won't realize our heartache.. Its hard to make them understand.
    I was in joint family too. Mil will have sad face when I get my periods. Did so many pooja and temple visits after people advice. Even outsiders don't shut their mouth.. Its better not to hear and ignore if you heard any stupid comments.
    Just focus on your health and that of tour hubby. That's more important than other people. Go for small outings or just walk in beach with your hubby whenever you get time. That should relieve little stress at least.
    Take care.
    Baby dust to you.

Agony likes this.