1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Toddler Eat Only With Youtube

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by mcutiepie, Jun 6, 2016.

1. mcutiepie

mcutiepie Gold IL'ite

Dear All,

I have 2 years old toddler and I am a working mom. He is now habbitual of eating with you tube and rhymes with him which anyways will harm his eyes. I only feed him dinner, bfast and lunch MIL does. Now he is so much used to that how much I try to distract by playing songs or new toys, he will not eat without rhymes.

Any suggestions?

2. Chocolatey

Chocolatey Gold IL'ite

Hi @mcutiepie.. I m sailing on the same boat with my 2yr old. She likes scribbling. So few minutes I distract with a pen and paper. Few minutes by allowing her to play around and I run behind her to feed. :crybaby2:This way half plate or sometimes less than that will be finished. Toys also for two or three feedings only. After that I take back to YouTube videos. :smash2:If I feed her by force then she starts spitting out. So I go by her ways. But when she is very hungry, she does not make fuss about anything. Finishes full plate within few minutes. But that happens very rarely. I m also figuring a way to take out videos for eating. :confundio1:

3. Madhu2511

Madhu2511 New IL'ite

Hi,
    Mine is 20 month toddler...i too faced same...i changed this by taking him to out ...like balcony or play area...second option buy different preschool bookz available in online ..these two things easily divert them frm rhymes.

Chocolatey likes this.
  4. MehulAtharvMom

MehulAtharvMom Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

So many moms sailing on the same board. My 2 and half year son also eats only when I put rhymes.
    As I am also working so at night left with less stamina to try new option , I switch on rhymes.
    I am also worried a lot as it will effect eyes.

To divert him I draw bus in slate with chalk , if he does not like he rubs , and again I draw this way sometimes he finishes getting involved in things.

Some times he will get involved in his cars and eats fast playing with that.

I have Alphabets key board with music. Like you all I am also trying multiple options.

Share your ideas . Much needed.

Good part of seeing rhymes is at the age of 2 only he finished numbers upto 85 . A for Apple to Z for Zoo. In Hindi also one to 10. All orals. Now when I writes he recognizes very fast and asked to write the next number or alphabet.
    I start poem and in between he sings with.

Santoshi

curiousgals78 likes this.
  5. SilverNGold

SilverNGold Bronze IL'ite

STOP forcing him to eat; give him finger food he likes and let him go at it himself!
    My son is only 7 months old and just fed himself some sweet potato for the first time (I mostly BF on demand but just started BLW with fingerfood at the high chair). He mostly plays with it but a little bit is starting to go into his mouth.
    I did BLW with my daughter (who is now 5 and eats a little bit at some meals, a lot at others but I never, ever made her "finish" a set portion). She was fully spoon feeding herself at 15 months and I always let her stop when she wanted to. The only rule is she sits at the table with us for a set time (20-30 minutes) and then gets up when meal time is over

You have to let your CHILD have control over what they eat and how much they eat and 90 percent of the Desi feediing issues will go away. There are some children that won't eat due to medical issues and for that you can take them to your pediatrician for a solution/meal plan. This whole business of distracting kids and running behind them to feed them destroys their appetite and causes them to dislike food.

LET your children go hungry for a few hours so they can feel the hunger pangs and then give them food they like. It will be harder on you than on them but it's the best thing you can do to build their appetite and a positive attitude towards food.

6. nishakapoor1231

nishakapoor1231 New IL'ite

http://justdakhila.com/blog/how-to-motivate-your-child-to-eat-healthy/...go through this and motivate your child to eat healthy.