1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

'firangi' Bahu. Need Tips.

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Lxcxxz, May 30, 2016.

1. Lxcxxz

Lxcxxz Senior IL'ite

Will step in quickly here - mentioned by job because of the hours, not earnings. As a CFO I usually out-earn most people I know; so what? I still respect my husband's opinion and support him (and expect the same in return even though he has a masters and I don't). As I mentioned the problem isn't him it's my mil.

I took on some of the suggestions recently. Husband doesn't want me to hire a cleaner, said he is happy to do the housework when I'm not around. The Gujarati cook is not an option as I live in a non-Indian area 75 miles from London. MIL refused to teach me (she said I should know already) so I have (after discussion with my hubby) decided to cook what I know & he will do the same. I cook most Gujarati food but in the Kenyan style which is less sweet and more spicy & I'll keep doing it. If mil doesn't like it she can make her own.

We never had any complaints about my cooking or our housekeeping before she came along & I refuse to let her comments get me down.

Thanks for your advice everyone.

sweetsmiley and pocahontas like this.
  2. anahita5

anahita5 Gold IL'ite

ATTA GIRL.. keep going.. let it slide, let it slide, let it slide..

3. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

Great that you have the support of your husband. That is 90% problem solved.

I refuse to let her comments get me down.
    Love that spirit... dont give her the power to affect you. :thumbsup:

4. livingitup

livingitup Bronze IL'ite

I would recommend that you revisit the "various reasons", make the husband man speak...

5. dia3

dia3 Silver IL'ite

@justanothergirl -
    See i m not the one to paint a rosy picture or tell people what they want to hear...i believe in telling facts or what holds true most of the times....if someone wants to dream, they r free to DREAM ON !
    n yes, in most cases, one making more money has a bigger say ! N i know this is not romantic ( oops dreams shattered ..) but this is Practical ! TAKE IT EASY !

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016