1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

looking for Indian friends in international village apartments lombard

Discussion in 'Indians in Chicago' started by shailajamutyala, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Vishaa

Vishaa New IL'ite

@butterflyice - Yea, I enrolled her in Kindercare but she doesn't seem to like the school much. Have you any idea about Kripa Montessori in Hoffman Estates? Their fee seems reasonable.

@Nithya58 - Lots of Indians stay in IVL. So I am sure you can find people from Hyderabad there. My husband visited IVL when we were house hunting, and according to him the house seemed old with no recent renovations. I don't know if that's the case with all houses or just a few. You better visit it personally before deciding.

Nithya58 likes this.
  2. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Sorry, I have no idea. The name and the reduced fee suggests it's run by an Indian? I would double check to make sure there kids are not dumped in front of TV/computer or made to memorise and write ABCs. Get the schedule and make sure there is ample time for physical movement, art, music and play. A preschool should have all this and more.

Have you tried finding out why your kiddo doesn't like her current preschool? Does she understand and speak English?

3. butterflyice

@Vishaa, okay I looked up their website. It seems to be a good place, just make sure they deliver all that they promise.

Just thinking, you mentioned your kiddo is 2.5 years old. Why do you think a preschool is necessary now? If you stay at home, there are plenty of ways to keep your kid engaged without spending a lot of money. Do you drive? There are lots of museums/play areas that you can take your kid to. ocan get into a playgroup and offer social interaction. Search for Meetup mom groups in Schaumburg and nearby areas.

Enquire with the park district about babysitting services. They usually offer one evening every month or so, for a fee, babysitting services. You can get a break then. Also the YMCA has free babysitting for family members. If you get a membership there, you can work out or read a book while your kiddo is taken care of.

Just giving you another alternative. I went this route for my second kid and it has been a deeply nourishing, wholesome experience for both of us.

Last edited: May 27, 2016
  4. Vishaa

Vishaa New IL'ite

@butterflyice - Thank you for the suggestions. Yes, I am a stay at home mom. But since we moved in hardly 3 weeks ago, I still dont have my driving license. So taking her alone anywhere is not a possibility right now. Plus she loves going out and meeting and interacting with people. Staying inside the house whole day is making her very cranky. So I am planning to send her to a pre 3s program for 2 half days a week so that she would have an opportunity to play and learn with children her age.

Your YMCA idea sounds good. Will look into that. I am ok with sending her to a playgroup too, just that I dont know of any right now.

5. Vishaa

Vishaa New IL'ite

@butterflyice - Just seeing your previous post. Yes, its run by Indians. And my daughter is not fluent in English. We speak Tamil and Punjabi at home and though she went to a playschool in India, she finds the accent here very strange. I have started speaking in English with her a d hopefully she should pick up the language soon. Thats another reason why I felt she might feel more comfortable at Kripa's.

6. Nithya58

Nithya58 New IL'ite

Hey vishaa thanks dear for the suggestion..dear I jus want to know if your apartment is near to metra since we are moving there we don't have a car..so jus want to know if metra is near to that apartment

7. Nithya58

Nithya58 New IL'ite

@butterflyice: hey dear thanks for your suggestion. Do u stay at Hoffman? Howz that place and is that near to metra Coz my husband is even planning to check Hoffmann once

TIA

8. butterflyice

No, I don't live there. Will your husband be commuting to Chicago everyday? The better place to move to considering the distance, easier commute, good schools and decent Indian population in Arlington heights. Do check out that area. I am not even sure if Hoffman estates has a metra station. That line doesnt have many trains and almost nil express trains.

9. butterflyice

THis is the link to the metra line.
    Milwaukee District / West (MD-W) Station

You can use google maps to estimate the distance between the metra station and the apartment.

When I searched for apartments for rent near metra schaumburg, it leads me here :
    531 South Springinsguth Road, Schaumburg, IL | Trulia.com.

10. butterflyice