1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Heaven is My Kitchen!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by malspie, Aug 6, 2008.

1. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Malspie..Enjoyed every bit of your article..I would really love to see you after this write up..a new-born who drank 1/2 bottle of milk, 7-month old stealing spicy food from dad's plate...and a mals with apron..

2. meera2503

meera2503 Senior IL'ite

Dear Malspie,

Your writeup shows you as a talented and a wonderful cook.Enjoyed reading it!!.You remind me of my mother.I had a try at avakkai pickle and vadaams,and I am able to manage making those,though before marriage never ventured much into the kitchen,except for eatingBig Laugh.

regards

meera

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Apple Pie,
    It is as though, you have expressed in your words, thoughts in my mind.
    My book-shelf is full of recipe notes, I started writing from Radio shows, magazines, ofcourse not to forget here-say from family members, from the age of 14. My daughter & DIL always tell me that I should bequeath the same to them 50-50; they are not bothered about my other possessions.
    I feel cooking is a creative art & love my kitchen as my favourite spot in my flat.
    Mals, don't you think, we should spend minimum couple of days together, cooking, cooking, cooking and ofcourse eating, eating and eating. We will extend an invitation to all ILites!
    Me being a cookery columnist in IL, loved every word of your post.
    Love,
    Chithra.

4. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Mals,

Why dont you invite me ma? I am a food freak and I will enjoy all those hot things directly from the stove............ ha ha ha.

Mals dearie, i think I read version of myself here. I was like this, trying all new things and started collecting WE from class X itself and my first exotic version was Malai Kofta and believe me the taste was just yummy.

Now my daughter has got on this. She is just 8 yrs old but takes all the recipes in her diary even the recipes of Chitvish. If i ask how can you cook now itself as you cant even reach the utensils on the gas, immedialtely she tells i will grow big and do all this. She writes all her favourite songs in her scrap book much to the chargin of her father.

Thanks dearie for such a wonderful writeup. Waiting for the invite now.........ha ha

Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  5. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Chithra mami,

I am waiting for the invite. Just tell me when you both are planning..... I will surely join you people as the first one to taste everything.

How is it????????

Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  6. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Mals Girlie,
    You make all of us go hungry with your descriptions of goodies!!!
    It takes a lot fo effort and interest to be the only person at home and make fresh and hot food, that shows your love for good food. It is a trend today to call for a dabba from a catering service for no rhyme or reason and I know of people who cook for a week, Hmm... the way you have worded this post, is just beyond compare!!!!

7. brindhak

brindhak Gold IL'ite

Oh dear Sweet pie....

What a delicious topic my girl...The way you have narrated ..Wow... Its like me watching a viedo !!! So right from the day you came to earth started your mischevious... Im really Big Laugh thinking of your ammai and appa.....

Im happy to know that you cook well too ,an another dimension of a multifaceted lady.....Bow.. Thankyou very much for this nice post babe !!

Foodiliciousuly yours !!!
    Brindha.....

8. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Hey Mals,

so on my next trip to Mumbai i am dropping in for dinner on my way back to Pune.

Just kidding...nice to know that you are a great cook too and love to have home food against hotel food. Another feather in the cap.

I too prefer home food....just last week my niece was mentioning that its long since we went out to eat and were trying to remember when we had last eaten out and its like 9 weeks.

I am really looking forward to seeing you some time...got to learn a lot from you.

Warm regards
    roopa.

9. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

Dear mals
    Delicious Topic!!! Hey Rajasthan doesn't mean to mars ,it is very much in India.
    Some day try Total rajasthani recipes .They Are delcious.
    What Do you do with Extra food shud It go to waist or waste ? Big LaughBig Laugh

10. kanaka

kanaka Bronze IL'ite

Mala,

I have solution for this. Pl.get married soon and you would be cooking iyer samayal for some more members. Next time my visit to mumbai will also mean lunch from yooour hands. kanaka