No Smiley Face On Clearblue Ovulation Test Kit But Regular Periods

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Shirli, May 24, 2016.

1. Shirli

Shirli New IL'ite

HI,

I have been using Clearblue Ovulation test kit for few months now.However i have observed that in few months i do not get any smiley face but my periods are absolutely regular .Can anyone who is using Clearblue test kit for ovulation tracking share whether they get the smiley face on the same day every month?

Please share your experiences ladies i am really confused and we have been ttc since long.
    any experience will be helpful.

2. sslkgpaa

sslkgpaa Gold IL'ite

I don't trust clearblue ovulation test strips. When I was off the birth control (after our first one was old enough to think of next baby) I wanted to track my ovulation so that we can avoid fertile days and ttc after few months. I checked very day after periods for almost 10 days, no smiley. After that my husband had to travel so I stopped tracking. At the end of month I did pregnancy check (the pregnancy kit was also provided with the ovulation kit). Shocked to see BFP. So definitely one of the kit is wrong. As later my pregnancy is confirmed so I blame the ovulation kit.
    My husband still makes fun of me for ditching birth control for ovulation tracking method, and calls it home science (since I thought it was scientific method). LOL

3. Shirli

Shirli New IL'ite

Thanks for your reply..so guess clear blue ovulation test kit are not that accurate as they say they are...
    Ladies any other experiences with kit??

4. divyarnair

divyarnair Silver IL'ite

I have used it earlier and they worked fine . However it is also possible that you may not be ovulating and getting periods. You can check with a OBGYN and they can scan and tell if follicles are getting matured .

5. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

true, i too thought getting period means ovulating matured eggs. But later i was given some medicine to get the eggs mature in ttc process. Before meeting doc i too used ovulation kits for several months to calculate ovulation dates to try for pregnancy, but i used to get very faint line only.

6. Shirli

Shirli New IL'ite

Thanku all for your replies..so did u conceive after consulting with doctors and taking medicines?

7. Agony

Agony Gold IL'ite

@Shirli

Hi !

Having regular periods is not an indication of ovulation. Some women may have anovulatory cycles.
    Nevertheless ur kit may also be a faulty one
    Would advise u to consult a gyn n confirm ovulation if ur ttc since some time.
    All the best

KashmirFlower likes this.