1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Courier Service To Usa From India

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by keethi, May 17, 2016.

1. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

I have no info to add. I just wanted to follow the trend and say sorry to @keethi. :p :lol:

2. rcvmegas

rcvmegas Senior IL'ite

Dear IL,
    I have used Indian Postal service courier. My parents ship home made kanji powder (Health mix) every 4 months. usually they send around 10kgs, from Bangalore. The cost varies depending on whether its a regular post or speed post. I think for regular it is around Rs.6000 for 10kgs. Also the price depends on the location from where you are sending. major cities might have nominal price. Our package was never missed/delivered late. we are happy with the service.
    Note: We have to pack all the items in a box at the P.O. Check with the Post office regarding the criteria for packing.

3. divyarnair

divyarnair Silver IL'ite

Recently I have had a bad experience using india postal service for shipping to usa. I would not recommend Indian postal service eventhough it is cheaper. I sent some kitchen utensils and it came after 20 days , most utensils including cooker were horribly deformed and i also lost some items.

4. keethi

keethi Silver IL'ite

Hey all ... the gauruda service support ppl say they ship only 300 gms ? .. enna kodumai sir :cry:

5. sreeram

sreeram IL Hall of Fame

I don't get you? Do you mean to say the maximum weight of a parcel is only 300 gms.

6. keethi

keethi Silver IL'ite

Hi ,

No . I had a live chat with the gaurada customer service person . He told they can ship only 300g for sambar powder . Disappointed

7. sreeram

sreeram IL Hall of Fame

Oh, i was not aware of the quantity of each item. Sorry Keethi.

8. deepv

deepv Platinum IL'ite

@ Keethi,
    Did you happen to send the stuff through the Garudavega?
    How long did it take to reach US?
    How much did it cost?
    Were you able to send the sambar power?

I too have some 10 kg stuff (mainly clothes).Depending on your answer,will arrange for sambar power .

ps.Usually They sent it through indian postal Service .(regular or speed post)

I want to try this Courior Service.
    Thanks.

9. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Ladies, Never ever ship thru Garudavega. Although cheap, I lost one package in transit becoz the agency fellow did something fishy. Later when it went back to India, he had the audacity to ask my parents to pay shipping fees once more.6 thousand rupees!!.Ultimately my parents blasted him and called DHL to ship it to me. I got it in 2 days. Garudavega operates via DHL. DHL by itself is very reliable. But Garudavega has a few agencies with shady people.

DHL although expensive is very reliable and you can even ship masalas using that. 6thousand + for 10 kgs .I haven't had much restrictions with regards to that. My parents have shipped 2-3 kgs of sambar powder etc.Good Luck.

10. deepv

deepv Platinum IL'ite

Thank you for the information .When did it happen?
    Waiting for Priya's response also.