My favorite types of scrapbooks are... Poll for 11th Feb 2007 to 17th Feb 2007

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by Laxmi, Feb 13, 2007.

My favorite types of scrapbooks are...

1. Bounded books

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  2. 3-ring binders

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Spiral bounded note books

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Journals

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  5. No I do not scrapbook

12 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hello ILites

First I appologize for positng this week's poll late. Neverthless I hope it is interesting poll topic. Here we go.

Scrapbooking is a hobby that has been growing in popularity here in India as well. It is a unique and creative way of preserving memories . Ladies, you would like to start with a scrapbook and a set of memories that you wanted to preserve for the future.

The theme for scrapbooking could be intersting like kid's birthday party, wedding reception or a halloween party or a recent holiday.

Well it is not simply arranging all your photos as in a photo album.
    When you look at a page in a photo album, you see a few photographs, but when you enjoy the pages of a well-executed scrapbook, you are transported to a different time.

I hope ladies out here in IL have this unique hobby. Please do share your experience about scrapbooking.

2. Preethi

Preethi Gold IL'ite

Scrapbook seems to be a new concept which has become so popular in the recent times...I have not heard of such a thing few years back...anywayz, I never had any interest on scrapbook , so never bothered to have a look at one...

I don't believe in Scrapbook.

All lovely old-time memories are preserved in my heart.....just thinking of them gives me good feeling and transfers me back in time....Scrapbook is not necessarily needed for me for a fond recollection.

Love,
    Preethi

3. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

My 2 cents to preethi, i too do not believe in scrapbooks.

4. Nila

Nila New IL'ite

Hi,

Making a scrapbook is not only a interesting hobby. As it has been rightly said here by Laxmi, it transports you to a different time whenever you view it. :goodidea:

I have started scrap booking my baby's different stages. Her first cry (at the time of birth), first smile, first solid feeding, first time sitting, first time crawling and so many other first time activities.

I'm sure more than me or my husband, in future, when my baby is grown, he will definitely enjoy seeing it.

Preethi & Cheer,

My 2 cents...though we would capture memories in heart, scrap booking makes it possible to recollect memories further with those kodak moments captured & stored with a small note.

Regards,
    Nila

5. varudhini

varudhini Bronze IL'ite

Hi all

Why to westernize our feelings, emotions, and thoughts and now even names also.

Why to call it a scrap book. Scrap book is nothing but photo album. Isn't it not?. (Sorry! I am not that modern to know the meanings of all these so called westernized words).

We can call it as simple as photo album. Yes, in album also we can have notes and all the details and what ever we want under each photo with attractive captions. We can decorate it and we can see it when ever we want. From the past 20 years or so I am doing like that only. I preserved all the happy moments of my children from birth and I added captions also for each photo. Whenever I see that my heart fills with joy and happiness. Even now also after clicking each photo I will put the date and caption and keep them in the album that to year wise. If you people call it scrap book, I do not have any objections.

Varudhini

6. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

This is a new concept possible because of advancement in technology. Many of us could remember that our elders used to recall even birth dates of their children in connection with an important event or festival or something like that. They used to remember many things and so kept their brain active too.
    Now that we ladies have many other tasks than our elders, we are trying to keep the memories in record. Nothing wrong in that.
    I do not keep a scrap book, but when I see the photos I could remember all the details about them. But I would have very much liked to keep a scrap book.

7. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for the feedback

Hello ladies
    Thanks for your wonderful feedback about this less talked about hobby - Scrapbook.
    Now have a look at this week's poll question:
    Exercising is .........