1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Story In Womans Era - Let Him Learn The Hard Way!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Sanya

Sanya New IL'ite

Dear Varlotti Sir,

I am a new member here and have just come across this story. I am trying to read all the old stories as and when I can. This is an awesome story. I guess all mothers have difficulty in being very strict with their children. It's very easy to just give in to their demands but then the children get every thing very easy, especially children staying abroad. They don't understand the value for money. I have a son and can relate to this. I have learnt something from this and hope to inculcate it as well.

Sanya

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sanya,
    Most welcome to this wonderful community. And I am really moved to know that you have decided to read all my stories. I am doubly happy when young mothers like you read my stories. It's like a whole family, a whole generation reading it.
    Giving whatever our children ask for is not love, Sanya, but the conspicuous absence of it. In a way we parents should behave like God. God does not give us whatever we want. But provides us with whatever we need.
    I am now writing a serial story in IL.
    Please click this link to read the first episode of the story
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/saturdays-with-varalotti/30922-a-love-story-episode-1-a.html
    It's a love story with a difference.
    regards,

3. anushakmurthy

anushakmurthy New IL'ite

This story has just brought tears in my eyes...too good a character to be treasured, i mean Rahul!!

Thanks for writing such wonderful stories...

Cheers!
    -Anusha

4. varalotti

Thanks, Anushka for the kind words.
    I am now writing a serial in IL - A Love Story. Here's the link for the first episode.
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/saturdays-with-varalotti/30922-a-love-story-episode-1-a.html
    Just have a look at it when you feel like it.
    Welcome aboard, Anushka.
    regards,
    sridhar

5. vashini

vashini Bronze IL'ite

Again another beautiful story from our beloved Sridhar! It is a short story that will remain in my heart for a long time. But in approaching this method make sure that you are using the right method as it can bring on the attitude of doing work when only get paid in your child.
    Thanks for all the good messages you always pass on to your readers. Hope there are more stories like yours in Tamil drama and movies.

Regards,
    Vashini

6. varalotti

Thanks Vashini. And you are quite right about that note of caution. There are parents and kids who take the system of incentive to its logical extreme.
    When I was in my school final year (SSLC - 11th standard at that time) I wanted to have a wrist watch.
    My father asked me to save money. In those days it was hard to see money. I could not save more than a few Rupees every week. My father got me a piggy bank where I deposited all the money. One fine morning I opened the piggy bank and counted the money. My father took me to a shop and got me a watch for Rs.94. He just added Rs.7 from his purse. It was a Henri Sandoz and Fitz watch which I kept for many years.
    thanks for the nice words, vashini.
    Love,
    sridhar

7. vashini

vashini Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sir!

We only learn to value a thing when we earn it by our self. Wondering maybe that is why parent cares for kids more than kids care for their parents. If we go through pains to get our parents we would have appreciate them more.

8. varalotti

Dear Vashini,
    That's again a really wonderful thoughts. Yes had we struggled hard to get our parents we would appreciate them better.

But parental love has to be one way, Vashini. As the Ganges flows from Himalayas to the ocean below, a mother's or father's love has to flow from a parent to a child. A child's love for its mother is far more simple. It is just a little respect and a little gratitude. If the child also were to love its mother the same way its mother loves it, then evolution will not happen. The child in turn has to show the same love to its child and so on. That's how life flows.

love,
    sridhar

9. vashini

vashini Bronze IL'ite

You are absolutely right Sir!

10. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Re: Let Hi!m Learn The Hard Way!

its soo touching and sooo thoughtful of the whoel family....really sometimes some people make us think morethan what we see at sight.....very lovely one sir...